Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #41341
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I just finished reading an article on ragdolls.
See link:
https://www.floppycats.com/patches-m...-the-week.html

All 4 of these cats are spoiled rotten. They belong to my mom.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #41342
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Funny phone call:
Caller: You need to come out today and pick up a keyboard.
Me:Ok we can come out about x time.
Caller: But if you come out then, we won't have much time to visit.
Me: He is working today and doesn’t get home till about x-30.

Now the funny part of that is we haven't seen or spoken to the caller in over a year and have never really visited. She is moving to be close to her kids.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:01 PM   #41343
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Thank you.

Your novel will pay some of the bills once you're published!

I wish you the very best of luck finding a new job! (((Hugs)))
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Oh, ouch, I'm sorry! Good luck to you in your search.
Thanks both. As for the novel saving the situation...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #41344
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks both. As for the novel saving the situation...
Laugh if you want, but when you become a rich and famous author don't forget that I said it first!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #41345
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
I'm reading a Perry Mason. Yup, from the 1930's. Keeps me from spinning off the planet sometimes.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #41346
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Just been checking my humble opus at Smashwords and getting ready to go with mom to her radiation treatment.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #41347
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'm reading a Perry Mason. Yup, from the 1930's. Keeps me from spinning off the planet sometimes.

Hitch
Which one are you reading?
Old 01-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #41348
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Which one are you reading?
The Case of the Counterfeit Eye! It's a good'un.

I've been under a fair amount of pressure/stress lately, and I needed something to take me out of it. I thought that re-reading some Masons would do the trick, and sure enough, it has. I decided to go in order, and started at the beginning...thought I'd re-read them all, as it's been quite a while.

Hitch
Old 01-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #41349
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
The Case of the Counterfeit Eye! It's a good'un.

I've been under a fair amount of pressure/stress lately, and I needed something to take me out of it. I thought that re-reading some Masons would do the trick, and sure enough, it has. I decided to go in order, and started at the beginning...thought I'd re-read them all, as it's been quite a while.

Hitch
Nothing quite like a good mystery to take a person's mind off of problems in the real world.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #41350
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Nothing quite like a good mystery to take a person's mind off of problems in the real world.
Yeah, you know how it is; politics, wars, poverty, famine...nothin' like some good old-fashioned murder to smooth out the rough spots and reinforce those good old values, LOL!!!

I love ESG because he plays FAIR. As much as we all love us some Sherlock, the truth is, you could never solve one of his, because you have no way of knowing that Sherlock sniffs rare apple tobacco from the outer regions of Timbuktu, which was smoked only by the indigenous...well, you know what I mean. ESG gives you all the clues. He hides nothing; he uses good old illusion and prestidigitation and misdirection. That's fair play, to me.

H
Old 01-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #41351
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm looking at the description of the cottage (bungalow) I booked for next week. I always wonder why they feel the need to clutter up the not so big kitchen with both a regular coffee machine (for making pots of coffee) and a Senseo machine (which works with coffee pads and can make one or two cups at the same time). Add to that the electric kettle and that leaves very little space on the counter. Since I don't drink coffee I always store the coffee and Senseo machines wherever I can find space to free up some space. Last year I spend a week in a tiny two person cottage, where the kitchen counter was three cupboards wide, one third was taken by the sink, one third by the cooker and the final third was work space. And when I got there it was taken up by the three machines.

I can understand they want to give guests the option to use whatever coffee machine they want. But choose one to have in each cottage and if people want to use the other one they can pick it up at the reception for a small deposit which they get back when they return the machine.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:21 AM   #41352
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My father and I just planned tomorrow. Before he drops me off at the vacation park he wants to visit a supplier to get an order, which is in the opposite direction of the vacation park. So we leave around noon, go to the supplier, I'll wait whilst he picks up the order (hopefully I can motivate him today to email the order, so the supplier can pick it and have it ready. If my father has to pick it himself it'll take ages). I wait in the car; it's in Amsterdam so I'm not leaving all my stuff unattended in the car. So I need to make sure I'll pack my Kindle and iPod somewhere accessible.

Then we leave for the park, I can check in from 3pm. We'll unload my stuff, I'll unpack and then we'll have an early dinner. After that my father leaves for his billiard club, which is literally around the corner (though the corner is 6km away from the vacation park).
Old 01-15-2018, 12:20 PM   #41353
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm at the cottage (bungalow) I booked for this week. My father has left, I've unpacked and had dinner. I'm about to have a shower, put on my pajamas, light a fire in the fireplace and curl up on the couch with a good book.

It's currently raining, hard, and it's very windy. Until Saturday it'll be rainy and on Thursday possibly stormy. Tomorrow morning it'll be okay is the prediction, so I'm going to the nearby town to go to the supermarket to get a couple of things the supermarket on the park doesn't have. The weekend will be dry, hopefully, and I'm planning to go into town again on Saturday. Visit the market and the two art & craft stores.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:37 AM   #41354
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Have fun on your vacation.

I'm currently packing. It's that time again. We're moving back to North Carolina. My father in-law needs a caretaker. Hubby has accepted the position. It will be live in so we're moving in with the in-laws. This was my mother in-law's idea so you know she's desperate.

It will be sometime possibly at the end of February. At least no pets to have to deal with on the drive this time.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #41355
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Have fun on your vacation.

I'm currently packing. It's that time again. We're moving back to North Carolina. My father in-law needs a caretaker. Hubby has accepted the position. It will be live in so we're moving in with the in-laws. This was my mother in-law's idea so you know she's desperate.

It will be sometime possibly at the end of February. At least no pets to have to deal with on the drive this time.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Good luck.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?