Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #1
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Japanese speakers: Could you ask SONY about the S/W update?

It's past half a year know, I think, and SONY still hasn't published the firmware update for the US version of the DPT-S1. I'm worried that with the probably EOL of the DPT-S1 even the last bit of US development will cease and we'll be stuck with the old firmware *dramatic pause* for-ever.

That said, I'd like to repeat my request that someone capable of speaking Japanese contact SONY JP and ask about what possibilities there are and whether we could get that update!
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
Aurinko
Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Aurinko is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
The firmware updates on the English version seem to lag behind the Japanese quite a bit. As someone who's currently considering buying a Sony DPT-S1, this concerns me.

On the update details page for the firmware version 1.4 (Japanese only) there is something that according to Google Translate sounds like copy/cut/paste/move function for handwritten annotations. This would be a very useful feature in notetaking as you could rearrange your notes by moving parts around, make space between them to add sidenotes and retroactively organize them. Can someone confirm if this currently isn't possible in the English version?

Japanese firmware versions index
Aurinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert