Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #61
Shazzyloulou
Shazzyloulou began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I've been using Calibre for years and it's fantastic. Recently I installed the annotations plugin so I could import notes and highlights I'd made on my kindle (keyboard version). Is there a way that I can combine the notes/highlights with the text of the book? I'm making notes for someone else and the list of notes stored in comments is pretty irrelevant to another reader when not tied with the text to which it refers. Any ideas would be gratefully received... x
Old 06-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #62
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: many
I have all the latest versions of calibre, Marvin, Marvin XD, and Annotations installed. I was able to import annotations (a highlight and a note, for testing) one time. Since then, although I can see the highlights with Preview, and no matter what book, when I try to fetch annotations, it says there are none. If I generate an .mrv file and try to import it, calibre shuts down, or I get this error message. Thoughts?

calibre, version 1.39.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:byref() argument must be a ctypes instance, not 'NoneType'

calibre 1.39 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.2.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.2.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0: Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.9.3', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 704, in import_annotations
File "/var/folders/v7/ss3hxbd533g0p73qrx20wlg40000gn/T/calibre_annotations_plugin/Marvin.py", line 507, in parse_exported_highlights
File "/var/folders/v7/ss3hxbd533g0p73qrx20wlg40000gn/T/calibre_annotations_plugin/Marvin.py", line 418, in _process_individual_book
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.reader_app_suppor t", line 550, in _get_epub_toc
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 644, in stat
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 1035, in _afc_get_file_info
TypeError: byref() argument must be a ctypes instance, not 'NoneType'
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #63
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

FYI: The message I get after fetching annotations is: Annotations from 2 books added to None.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #64
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you're using Marvin XD, you should uninstall the Annotations plugin and use the Annotations feature in Marvin XD.

You don't need to fuss with importing .mrv files, the annotations are imported directly from the connected iDevice.

G
Old 06-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #65
Hattie
Enthusiast

Thanks for your answer! I uninstalled Annotations, so perhaps this thread now belongs in the Marvin XD plugin homepage. Marvin XD sees the highlights and notes just as the Annotations plugin did. I had it create an Annotations column, and they are there. I can click on the yellow entry, and the book opens up right where a highlight and note is, but it isn't highlighted in calibre's E-book viewer. Does calibre's E-book viewer not show highlights and notes? I seem to recall that when I had the first successful "fetching" with the Annotations plugin, the sentence and note I was testing with showed up in calibre's E-book viewer.
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #66
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Hattie, the Annotations/MXD plugin has never had the ability to export its annotations to calibre's ebook viewer. The only place you can see the annotations is in the custom column you created in calibre, or in the original context (Marvin, in your case). This is due to each of the various reading environment using incompatible schemes for annotations.

G
Old 06-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #67
Hattie
Enthusiast

Ok, good, glad to know that the information is there and available to any iOS device! Thank you again for your help!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #68
GRiker

As noted in this post, I will soon be discontinuing active development of this plugin. If you are interested in taking over development of this plugin, please contact me via PM.

G
Old 06-17-2014, 06:11 AM   #69
GRiker

I'm happy to announce that @davidfor has taken over development of the Annotations plugin. The new thread for the Annotations plugin may be found here.

G
Closed Thread