Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
NAEB Lives

NAEB is going to survive.

We've dodged a bullet by getting a bail out that will enable us to buy the first order of readers from Bookeen and free the necessary funds from E-OnLine Data.
We'll be able to use the original payment plan of 1/2 on order and the other 1/2 on shipping which will make everything much simpler.

PayPal is now refunding all of you who placed an order through it's service ( Which NAEB is going to cancel just as soon as that's finished. ) and we'll be using the checks you send us to pay back the loan.
More importantly, having proven our track record we'll be able re-open the store and take orders for the next lot of readers, on line, without fear of any repeats.

We're amazed and grateful for the trust and generosity that made this possible.

If our benefactors give their consent we'll tell you their names otherwise we'll respect their wish for privacy but they are your friends as well as ours and your checks are what NAEB will use to pay them back with.

Here's what's gong to happen.

We order the readers by end of this week, the beginning of next with 1/2 paid.
When Bookeen tells us they're ready to ship we pay the other 1/2.

We get them and send them on to the buyers.
The funds freed will be used to pay back the loan.
The delay will come as the checks used to replace the PayPal orders clear the bank.

Bookeen will be getting the second shipment of readers later in February.
We'll be able to accept credit charges for up to 30 days before we'll have to start over again when the charge is canceled so we will be carefully timing our acceptance of credit card charges to match Bookeen's shipping schedule.
This will not affect checks and money orders so you can send them to us at any time.

This will also require some changes in our email notification since we will be selling from each shipment as Bookeen receives it till we get to the 1000 mark.
If any of you remained concerned about us sitting on nearly $400,000 for an indefinite period, relax, it's not going to be happening.

Thank you all for believing in us.

Pamel Gadsden
CEO, Not Another E-Book
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Good news Pamela. Looking forward to receiving my Geb3. :

slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Excellent news! I'm glad this has worked out!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Long live NAEB !!!!
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Yip-de-doo!

Glad everything is working out -- I can't wait to get my Cybook!
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
mcdaniel
mcdaniel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
When can I place my reorder?

I just checked my bank credit card account and found that PayPal has refunded my money (refund on Saturday, posted to account on Sunday).

Now, if I understand correctly, I need to place a new purchase order with NAEB so that I can finally get the Cybook Gen 3 into my hands.

Please advise when and how I should input the replacement purchase order.

Robert
mcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaniel View Post
I just checked my bank credit card account and found that PayPal has refunded my money (refund on Saturday, posted to account on Sunday).

Now, if I understand correctly, I need to place a new purchase order with NAEB so that I can finally get the Cybook Gen 3 into my hands.

Please advise when and how I should input the replacement purchase order.

Robert
I'm working on it. Jim's waiting for me to get some details straightened out with e-onlinedata and once I get those, we should have the storefront back online.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #8
mcdaniel
mcdaniel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I'm working on it. Jim's waiting for me to get some details straightened out with e-onlinedata and once I get those, we should have the storefront back online.

Derek
I just visited the "CLOSED" NAEB Store and discovered that I could proceed to input my replacement order for a Cybook Gen 3, provided I would pay by check or money order. I completed my order and mailed my check - too late for today's outgoing mail.

Suggestion: It would be helpful if NAEB individually contacted by email the few people who were caught up by PayPal and, thus, are having their original payments refunded and need to reorder. You need to clearly tell such individuals that they can reorder, as I just did. I had been checking all day for the NAEB Store to change from CLOSED to OPEN FOR REORDERS. It was only after reading one of the posts on Baen's Bar that I received the impression that I could place my replacement order now. My check would have been in the mail earlier today, had I understood this fact.

Robert (original Store Order #18, replacement Store Order #132)
mcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaniel View Post
I just visited the "CLOSED" NAEB Store and discovered that I could proceed to input my replacement order for a Cybook Gen 3, provided I would pay by check or money order. I completed my order and mailed my check - too late for today's outgoing mail.

Suggestion: It would be helpful if NAEB individually contacted by email the few people who were caught up by PayPal and, thus, are having their original payments refunded and need to reorder. You need to clearly tell such individuals that they can reorder, as I just did. I had been checking all day for the NAEB Store to change from CLOSED to OPEN FOR REORDERS. It was only after reading one of the posts on Baen's Bar that I received the impression that I could place my replacement order now. My check would have been in the mail earlier today, had I understood this fact.

Robert (original Store Order #18, replacement Store Order #132)
That is because we didn't want anyone placing their order until we could again accept Visa/MC orders. But it's okay if you chose payment by check.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
Twiddling my thumbs with my credit card held between fore and middle fingers. Tum tee tum tee tum.

Just got an e-mail from PayPal saying my Account will be Suspended unless I update my records. Instead, I telephoned PayPal, was informed that the e-mail was fake phishing email, and took the opportunity to confirm that the money I gave Paypal for NAEB had actually been returned to my credit card.

Now I will wait twiddling my thumbs until I get the word from Derek and then re-place my order which was Order Number: 24 (minus the 20 trial orders).

Hopefully I will soon be able to use my thumb to press the page turn button on my soon to be ordered NAEB Cybook.

Tum tee tum tee tum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
That is because we didn't want anyone placing their order until we could again accept Visa/MC orders. But it's okay if you chose payment by check.

Derek
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote