Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What shall we read in May?
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman 18 41.86%
Kraken by China Mieville 12 27.91%
The King of Elfland's Daughter by Lord Dunsany 13 30.23%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #31
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Just curious, is Neverwhere considered YA? Looking on Amazon and fictiondb I don't see any age recomendations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I wouldn't have placed Neverwhere as a YA novel myself. I thought it was rather adult.

It's a great book, but I don't particularly want to read it again. If I can remember all the details well enough I will still participate in the discussion.

Meanwhile I'm off to play with my Kraken alone.

All of you not voting Kraken - your names have been noted. *evil laugh*
Actually I have never read any Neil Gaiman. I just mentioned Neverwhere to the librarian who runs the reading club at my local library as a possible selection (I am always ready to kill two birds with one stone). It was she that said that Neil Gaiman was a YA author, so I thought that was so.

I really had no preference between Neverwhere or Kracken, both are unknown to me and out of my normal reading material. Actually when both made it to the final vote I put holds on them at my local ebook library. Based on the length of waiting lists it seems more likely that Kracken will be available on time. So I was rooting for Kracken as my second choice. King of Elfland's Daughter being my first choice as it iis available here at MR.

Very nice Kracken cover BTW.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #32
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
mr gaiman has written some ya - neverwhere isn't one of them. it's one of my favorites, and i revisit it periodically. in the meantime, i've downloaded king of elfland's daughter and can't wait to check it out.

and yes, that is a very nice cover for kraken.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert