Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
sam1am
Enthusiast
sam1am began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Anything that will sync PDF bookmarks across devices?

Is there any app out there that will allow me to import a PDF, have it appear on multiple devices (Android devices/iOS/dekstop ideally) and have my reading progress sync'd between them?

I've looked all over and found many apps that support this for books you buy from them, but none that seem to offer sync of your own books that you import.
sam1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I think there are some gaps right now, but I think Kindle platform will support this before much longer. You can already add PDFs to your Personal Documents storage, and PDF support is enabled on Android and iOS and the desktop apps, as well as Kindle itself. Amazon has invested in FoxIt and seems to have plans to do more with PDF in the future (no doubt for more traction in textbook market etc.). I'm not sure all the apps support PDocs fully yet. But I will try it and see...might be tomorrow however before I can get to it.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
On my iPhone, PDs are supported, on my Xoom, not... (and also not on my Mac)
Got a generic reply when I asked about it.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote