Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
nhanh
nhanh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Update Kindle 3 through Recovery Mode

Dear All,

My Kindle 3 has been stucked at loading bar progress (stop loading at 25% of progess bar), so I try to enter Recovery Mode by holding power switch 30sec, and then hold Home key 20 sec, then My Kindle prompt me to reset to factory defaults. I typed "RESET", then my Kindle 3 move into Recovery Mode, I press R key to exit, then my screen show "Please wait a moment for Kindle to start up" and stuck forerver,

So I think maybe the software faults, so I repeat steps above to enter Recovery Mode again, and I see the text "If you want to update through Recovery Mode, call Customer Services ..."

So I called CS but nothing helpful. I'm not in America to easy get new one and return old one.
I plugged My Kindle in Recovery Mode in Ubuntu system, but only see the empty FAT partition.

Anyone know to update through Recovery Mode?
Pls help me! I must be crazy with it.
nhanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
zrenyi
zrenyi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 3g
brick?
zrenyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 03:27 AM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
I also did this RESET thing: goo.gl/iOS9l . Fortunately I found an address in US to get replacement.

You should also try to find a way to solve this via CS
otherwise only solution is unbricking which is not easy: goo.gl/PfXxl , goo.gl/gQBqs , goo.gl/Q7XDc , goo.gl/ydLVA

Last edited by thomass; 07-27-2011 at 03:39 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote