Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Command needed

I went into the darkness, and found something from PD that was labeled v.06. It doesn't say what to save it as, so I saved it as tool6.pyw. But when I type tool6.pyw, I don't get the credits. I am in my python directory. I also tried tool06.pyw. Can someone help me? Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Uhh... that really doesn't explain anything... Not to mention you shouldn't be running scripts without any idea of what they actually do. I would suggest opening the script in a text editor (Notepad or similar). It might contain some comments as to usage and such.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I downloaded a text file, but it doesn't say. It is a de DRM script, hence my code. It is version 6 of a popular program. I have run version 5 sucessfully, but this version is stuck.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks, I downloaded a text file, but it doesn't say. It is a de DRM script, hence my code. It is version 6 of a popular program. I have run version 5 successfully, but this version is stuck.
There are two versions of 0.06 posted there. One is no good and the other good. Did you get the good 0.06?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:01 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Try just .py as the file name extension.

.pyw indicates some form of windows-specific python code I think.

Quote:
I went into the darkness, and found something from PD that was labeled v.06. It doesn't say what to save it as, so I saved it as tool6.pyw. But when I type tool6.pyw, I don't get the credits. I am in my python directory. I also tried tool06.pyw. Can someone help me? Thanks, Debra
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There are two versions of 0.06 posted there. One is no good and the other good. Did you get the good 0.06?
There are multiple versions of 0.05. So far as I know, there is only one version of 0.06 and it is ok.

As pdurrant says, the correct filename extensions is .py.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Mobileread is the best! Don't know where I picked up pyw - probably some older version of something. Py works just like it ought to! Thank you so much. Debra

Old 09-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
taltman711
taltman711 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Mobileread is the best! Don't know where I picked up pyw - probably some older version of something. Py works just like it ought to! Thank you so much. Debra

Scripts from "the cabbage patch" were/are .pyw. No command line needed with these scripts.

Tim
taltman711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks! I thought I was going crazy (not that this is complete proof I am sane, I just didn't totally make it up).