Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
GregTheGrate
Connoisseur
GregTheGrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Vers 7 CMD-V does not work into the search and replace fields

When pasting into the search or replace dialogue boxes, CMD-V does not work.

A workaround is to use the Paste option in the contextual menu
GregTheGrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
I can confirm this bug. Running Mac OSX 10.8.2.
Will try that work around.
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
? Have you checked the <functionality desired> assignment in:

Edit: Preferences:
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
? Have you checked the <functionality desired> assignment in:

Edit: Preferences:
Good point! I did look at "Keyboard Shortcuts" and Option+V is described as "Paste pastes the content from the clipboard into the book."—which is exactly what it does—pastes *into the book*. But generally Option+V pastes content into the field where the curser is, right?

So maybe this isn't a bug but a feature?
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I don't know if it is related, but the same thing happens when I try and past a clip into the Find or Replace fields - it puts the Clip into the code area.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Try unsetting/removing the Paste shortcut. Seems it may be an issue with Qt5 on Mac at least. It works ok on Linux.

@Turtle91 - Pasting a clip into F&R works find for me, on Linux.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm using Win8 Pro 64...Clips into F&R definitely don't work on this one.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
buecherhans
Enthusiast
buecherhans began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone
This is a nasty bug. Makes Sigil almost useless, at least for me, inspite all the good new features.
But there is a work-around. CMD-C for copy works, then use right-click into search or replace and choose paste.
This takes a little more time but it works.

BTW CMD-V into the Save As field does not work either, but same work-around.

I hope that also works for Win 8.
buecherhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #9
GregTheGrate
Connoisseur
GregTheGrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Terribly sad to see this is not fixed in 7.2. Is it necessary to raise an issue in order for this to get fixed. I agree with buecherhans, I prefer not to use the new version.
GregTheGrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheGrate View Post
Terribly sad to see this is not fixed in 7.2. Is it necessary to raise an issue in order for this to get fixed. I agree with buecherhans, I prefer not to use the new version.
So, when is it an OS (W8) problem rather than a Sigil problem?

It works in XP and AFAIK Vista and W7, Ubuntu Linux
Old 04-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #11
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It sounds more like a bug in Qt...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Be sure to check your Edit: Preferences: Keyboard Shortcuts:

Be sure you don't have a conflict (Red) << I had one and I had not intentionally set either
Old 04-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I don't know if it is related, but the same thing happens when I try and past a clip into the Find or Replace fields - it puts the Clip into the code area.
This is still an issue with 7.2.
I'm not sure why that would be a QT bug?? It seems using a clip would insert wherever you have the active cursor.. If it is in the S/R fields it should insert into the S/R field...if it is in the code window, it should insert there.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It might be a Qt-bug, since it works on some OS according to the reports.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't be a Qt bug? I'd bet pretty good money it is, myself.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote