Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #9286
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
7. Salisbury

[reading about exploration for the source of the Nile can pay off!]
Damned need for sleep!!! I keep missing the ones I know. Seeing as I did all my secondary schooling in Salisbury (as was), I might have got that one .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #9287
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I haven't got a hand question at the moment, and as it's close to my bedtime, would someone else please take over? No sense making 3/4 of you wait while I sleep. But for the non-Jack Reacher fans:
Can you speak non-stop (relatively) for one full minute without once saying a word that contains the letter "A?"

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #9288
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I haven't got a hand question at the moment, and as it's close to my bedtime, would someone else please take over? No sense making 3/4 of you wait while I sleep. But for the non-Jack Reacher fans:
Can you speak non-stop (relatively) for one full minute without once saying a word that contains the letter "A?"

Stitchawl
And the answer is...oh wait, I am a Jack Reacher fan...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #9289
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Which cities are left?
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #9290
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
And the answer is...oh wait, I am a Jack Reacher fan...
Me too. When I read the book I was so tempted to try and find the answer before carrying on reading.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #9291
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #9292
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
Errrm....no
Old 09-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #9293
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I don't belive it could be done. It is simply impossible. Writing lots of words surely requires the use of the specified letter. It would be considered too difficult not to use this letter. I don't believe one could do it even if one needed to do it. If one did so, the prose would be too stilted or oddly concocted. If desired, I could go on forever concerning this point, but I think this is enough for now. I'm sure you get the gist by now. Even if it could be done, who would desire to do it?
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #9294
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I don't belive it could be done. It is simply impossible. Writing lots of words surely requires the use of the specified letter. It would be considered too difficult not to use this letter. I don't believe one could do it even if one needed to do it. If one did so, the prose would be too stilted or oddly concocted. If desired, I could go on forever concerning this point, but I think this is enough for now. I'm sure you get the gist by now. Even if it could be done, who would desire to do it?
Bravo
Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #9295
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

G'morning, all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I don't belive it could be done. It is simply impossible. [
Quote:
If one did so, the prose would be too stilted or oddly concocted.
It is not the least bit stilted nor odd sounding. And PERFECTLY logical! YOU did it many, many times... probably even before you were a teenager!

Quote:
Even if it could be done, who would desire to do it?
You were even REQUIRED to do it in school! You even did it every time you were "IT" when playing 'Hide and Seek!'

Stitchawl
Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #9296
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Have I killed it? The answer is really sooooo simple and easy that a Kindergarten kid could say it...

OK... somebody come up with a better question please, just to keep things moving.

Stitchawl
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #9297
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Have I killed it? The answer is really sooooo simple and easy that a Kindergarten kid could say it...

OK... somebody come up with a better question please, just to keep things moving.

Stitchawl
What about Daithi's answer?

Or is the answer to repeat "non-stop" over & over?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #9298
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:

Nope. Daithi is not correct. Neither is non-stop over and over.
All one needs to do is count out loud starting with one... As in one, two, three, four, five, six, etc. You won't get to an "A" until you reach one hundred And one... It should take you more than a minute to say all of those... Just like you did in Kindergarten!

Stitchawl
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #9299
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Question

Quote:

Daithi's answer was great, but I doubt that even somebody as erudite and quick witted as he is could do that off the top of their head.

Stitchawl's clue about schoolchildren being not only able but required to do it is a good one. It is not as simple as simply repeating one or two words.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #9300
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Nope. Daithi is not correct. Neither is non-stop over and over.
All one needs to do is count out loud starting with one... As in one, two, three, four, five, six, etc. You won't get to an "A" until you reach one hundred And one... It should take you more than a minute to say all of those... Just like you did in Kindergarten!

Stitchawl
Egad! Way too simple for us complex brains to think of!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote