Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #211
jlgomezle
jlgomezle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Hi everyone.
I just bought the Kindle DXG and I was wonder if with Duokan I will be able to add notes and highlights into pdfs files.
Thanks very much for your help!
jlgomezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #212
nerijusnkk
nerijusnkk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 keyboard
How to change fonts?

I have installed this OS in my Kindle 3, but I am from Lithuania.
The problem what I can't read any ebook, because there are not these letters:
ą č ę ė į š ų ū ž. Maybe I'll must change the fonts? My text are without these letters. This is the main problem, why I can't use this Duokan OS.
nerijusnkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #213
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerijusnkk View Post
I have installed this OS in my Kindle 3, but I am from Lithuania.
The problem what I can't read any ebook, because there are not these letters:
ą č ę ė į š ų ū ž. Maybe I'll must change the fonts? My text are without these letters. This is the main problem, why I can't use this Duokan OS.
Duokan supports Lithuanian characters if you select Arial as the default English font on page 2 of the system settings. (See screen capture.)
IMHO, using Duokan just to read Lithuanian ebooks would be overkill, since the Kindle supports Lithuanian .mobi files without any system hacks. If you have lots of Lithuanian .epubs or fb2 books, you could use Cool Reader or fbKindle, both use much less disk space and resources than Duokan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EnglishFont.JPG
Views:	902
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	82168  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #214
txgecko
Enthusiast
txgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Pocketbook Color
sorry if this has already been asked, but I see that Duokan supports epub - does this include the ones with Adobe DRM like on overdrive? My joy at discovering the Singapore National library's huge collection of ebooks and the ability of non-citizens to register for free was brought to a screeching halt by the realization that they don't appear to have any kindle books, just Adobe epub and pdf. Thanks!
txgecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #215
donB006
Connoisseur
donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle k3G 3.4.2; DXG 2.5.8; DXG 3.1; Iriver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgecko View Post
sorry if this has already been asked, but I see that Duokan supports epub - does this include the ones with Adobe DRM like on overdrive? My joy at discovering the Singapore National library's huge collection of ebooks and the ability of non-citizens to register for free was brought to a screeching halt by the realization that they don't appear to have any kindle books, just Adobe epub and pdf. Thanks!
The Duokan and Duokan Lite are unofficial supplements to the Amazon software and do not have official Adobe DRM support. The Kindle can be switched between the Amazon and Duokan very easily after the Duokan is installed. The Duokan can only display non-DRM epub, non-DRM mobi and non-DRM pdf files. The quality of the Duokan display for the epub and mobi files is inferior to the Kindle in my opinion. I have not yet tried the new Duokan Lite.

donB006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #216
txgecko
Enthusiast
txgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertxgecko can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Pocketbook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by donB006 View Post
The Duokan and Duokan Lite are unofficial supplements to the Amazon software and do not have official Adobe DRM support. The Kindle can be switched between the Amazon and Duokan very easily after the Duokan is installed. The Duokan can only display non-DRM epub, non-DRM mobi and non-DRM pdf files. The quality of the Duokan display for the epub and mobi files is inferior to the Kindle in my opinion. I have not yet tried the new Duokan Lite.

Eh, I kinda figured it wouldn't. Thought I'd ask anyway. I don't suppose there's any other way to read kindle books and adobe epubs on the same device (on an actual ereader, that is, not just reading them in different smartphone apps)?
txgecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #217
bilgisiz
bilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle 3.0.2 529960105
How can we read manga with Duokan? In normal kindle os i put images under the pictures folder. In duokan i cant see manga as a album, i see all the images as individiual. Its so hard to get to next page...
bilgisiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #218
StreetGeek
StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: KO3
Any reason I cannot connect to my Wifi? I even disabled my password because I thought that was the problem. Still wont work

I think I fixed it. I changed my SSID and it connected. Weird. Can I not have spaces in my SSID?

Last edited by StreetGeek; 04-06-2012 at 04:13 PM.
StreetGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #219
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgisiz View Post
How can we read manga with Duokan? In normal kindle os i put images under the pictures folder. In duokan i cant see manga as a album, i see all the images as individiual. Its so hard to get to next page...
create a folder and put your images inside. or create a zip file containing these images.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #220
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
can duokan kill the tts in a time?

Can duokan kill the tts in a time? 30 or 45 minutes.
I usually listen to the tts at night on the bed.Usually i fall asleep while it is still
speaking. So I hope duokan kill the tts in a time.
Thank you.
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #221
lollazzo
lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I put 4 dictionaries in Duokan. How can I set the default dictionary?

Last edited by lollazzo; 12-13-2012 at 09:58 AM.
lollazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #222
Montecitorio
Montecitorio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hello do anybody have (a correct) english translation of duokan latest version? (R7.5)
Or at least somebody knows where is the chinese.txt file so I can translate the things that aren't translated into english?

Thanks
Montecitorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #223
Divion
Enthusiast
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
Can i install our Myanmar font (zawgyi.ttf , wininnwa.ttf) in dk-system/xkindle/res/userfonts?

Does it install just by copy and past?

I use paperwhire with duokan last version.
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #224
sk8terek
sk8terek began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
If some stardict dictionary is formatted with html tags, Duokan shows them instead of transform them to bold, italics and so on.

Could someone who has a good command of Chinese report that bug to the authors?
sk8terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #225
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
I installed Duokan and got it working using a windows machine, but couldn't copy it to my K4 at first using Linux puppy... some files wouldn't show up...
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, faq, kindle