Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-19-2021, 12:05 AM   #1
Docno
Connoisseur
Docno has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad2
Keeping old catalog cover when re-generating?

When I first used the catalog feature, I designed my own cover for the catalog. But every time I regenerate the catalog after acquiring new books, that cover gets wiped out and I have to extract it from a prior backup version. Is there a way to somehow preserve the existing catalog cover when re-generating the catalog or else adding it to the generate cover list? Thanks.
Docno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid there isnt anyway to specify a custom cover for catalogs. You can customize generte cover to have only a single style of cover if you like, but that's the closest you can come.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2021, 02:08 AM   #3
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Hm, I wonder about the issue or I missunderstand.
I have different, specific cover for all my three catalogues. They stay the same after generating the catalogue (both epub and csv).

Perhaps some more details may help to understand the rootcause.
When you recreate the catalogue, is it overwriting the former file?
Is your cover stored in the same folder as the file?
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:58 AM   #4
Docno
Connoisseur
Docno has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
Hm, I wonder about the issue or I missunderstand.
I have different, specific cover for all my three catalogues. They stay the same after generating the catalogue (both epub and csv).

Perhaps some more details may help to understand the rootcause.
When you recreate the catalogue, is it overwriting the former file?
Is your cover stored in the same folder as the file?
To answer your question, it seemed to have generated a brand new catalogue with a calibre-default cover. It sounds like your catalogues get overwritten and so your bespoke cover stays in place. Not sure why the behaviour I'm seeing is different. Maybe I changed some setting. I'll try generating the catalogue again and see what happens...

EDIT: OK, I think I sorted it out. Not sure why, or when I made the change, but the catalogue name I had in the default field was slightly different from my existing catalogue. When I fixed that up, creating a new catalogue results in it saving over the existing catalogue and preserving the cover. Problem solved! Thanks for your time!

Last edited by Docno; 06-19-2021 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Update
Docno is offline   Reply With Quote