Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Or you can just use [ YOUTUBE]video-id[/YOUTUBE]
Where "video-id" is the string after v= in the url (C5wBUfVsnuU in this case).
thanks igorsk, i didn't know that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #17
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I was originally going to get the 505, but now I'm convinced that this is the reader for me. I study part time at the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences and all the material is provided in pdf so it would be great to travel with them and be able to take notes which I can then sync back to Adobe DE. I've heard the 505 isn't very good at pdf but this one seems to handle it really well.
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #18
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I've got some PDF books, and so far the 700 has been able to display them all perfectly. It's still not my choice of format, but I no longer need to mess around converting PDF's and re-formatting, etc etc etc to get them on my reader.

Mind you I haven't tried a protected PDF yet as I continue to buy from FW or now the Sony store.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #19
alehel
Zealot

Luckily all my pdf files are unprotected, so that won't be a problem. The pdf files were provided as part of the course and didn't actually cost anything, so I don't think they are to concerned about people passing it around.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #20
alehel
Zealot

Incidently, is the commenting function on the 700 limited to certain formats or is this possible with all the formats it's capable of reading? The most important thing for me is to be able to comment unprotected pdf files.
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #21
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
"...Mind you I haven't tried a protected PDF yet as I continue to buy from FW or now the Sony store..."

No problems on protected/Secured PDFs. As for adding notes, they are
stored separately, and not on the actual PDF file itself.

enjoy.
Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #22
amc
amc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Incidently, is the commenting function on the 700 limited to certain formats or is this possible with all the formats it's capable of reading?
alehel, as far as I've been able to tell, the commenting is limited to text pdf files. My grad program assigns a ton of readings in pdf format, but some of them are photo-copy scans. Since those files are images instead of text, all the fancy highlighting and bookmarking doesn't work.

If I really need to make notes on an image-based PDF file, I run it through a text recognition program like OmniPage. This is really time-consuming, though, so I generally only do it with files I know I'll be using a lot in the future. It does pay off, though, since being able to search through my notes on files has made finding the material I need to cite in papers go so much more quickly.
amc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:39 AM   #23
Vulcan
Vulcan began at the beginning.

Device: Current - iPad2 Retired - Sony PRS700
After watching the video review I placed my order....
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #24
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
Sony owes Mr. Hussein some preferred company shares. No doubt,
his private video spot proves that the power of 'viral marketing' is still under-
estimated to say the least.

Last edited by Server; 12-26-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: gramer ahem...
Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #25
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I apologize in advance if this question has been addressed in another thread, but I was just wondering if you are reading in landscape mode and bring up the touchscreen keyboard, does it display in landscape mode as well?

My husband ordered me a large amount of rewards points coupons to put toward the Sony PRS-700 for my Christmas present, which I am awaiting anxiously!! He thought the rewards would be sent via email, since they are for online purchases, but alas they are coming via snail mail. Oh well, I've waited this long, what's a little longer!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #26
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I apologize in advance if this question has been addressed in another thread, but I was just wondering if you are reading in landscape mode and bring up the touchscreen keyboard, does it display in landscape mode as well?
Just tested it out. Used landscape, highlighted text, tapped on highlighted text and touchscreen keyboard came up. Looks good.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #27
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I never even thought about that. its pretty cool actually.

here are three pictures at the album in full size http://picasaweb.google.com/flushing...eat=directlink

here is a smaller size
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #28
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I never even thought about that. its pretty cool actually.
Thanks Anybaby, pictures speak louder than words. The 500 and 505rs might be put off by the glare the flash made off the chrome.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #29
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Thanks Anybaby, pictures speak louder than words. The 500 and 505rs might be put off by the glare the flash made off the chrome.
someone would always find something to complain about. i dont mind anymore. I love my 700.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
someone would always find something to complain about. i dont mind anymore. I love my 700.
We Pinto and AMC Gremlin drivers grow a tough skin.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote