Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-07-2018, 04:07 AM   #1
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Ebooks saved with uncompressed cover when edited

HI,
1. When you compress the cover of an ebook with the editor and you save it to the Calibre library, the compressed cover is not automatically saved as cover.jpg, so that if you edit the ebook again, it is reloaded with the uncompressed cover.
2. I would also like a way of forcing the Save command, even if the book is not considered modified: when the book is loaded from the Library, not only the cover, but also the metadata are reloaded from the library, but the Save icon remains gray and you have to add/remove a space if you want to force a save. (But please don't add a sophisticated Save icon like the one which never worked properly since it was added in LibreOffice
Thanks.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. the cover in the book has nothing to do with the cover in the library. If you want to update the cover in the library use the edit metadata button and use the set cover from format button in the top right corner.

2. I'm not sure what you are asking for. When you open a book, the cover and metadata get updated in the book, before it is opened, so there is nothing to save, which is why the save button is grayed out.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2018, 05:48 AM   #3
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Thank you, Kovid.
1. This is probably a feature I never noticed in Calibre: if I click the 'Set cover' button with the epub selected, its cover is exported 'as cover.jpg', The Calbre editor has become so good and smart that I sometimes forget the rest of Calibre!
2. I was looking about a way to update the <dc:description> within the epub .opf file with the text of the Calibre comments. To the moment, I have to load the epub with the editor, then save it. But probably I also miss something.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:13 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can use the builtin Embed metadata tool to do that (add it to your toolbar via Preferences->toolbars)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote