Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #2521
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It was in response to our previous (by a few years now), "Universal Jailbreak".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #2522
cradonale
cradonale began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hii,

I got a Kindle Paperwhite 3 with Serial G090G1
Firmware : 5.8.10(3202090019)
;installHtml just closes the search box, no file is created
Doesn't jailbreak

What should I do ?
cradonale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #2523
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradonale View Post
Hii,

Doesn't jailbreak

What should I do ?
Read the first post.
Seriously, read the first post, start at the top, do not skip anything, open all spoilers.
You will have answered your own question before you even complete reading the introduction.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #2524
cradonale
cradonale began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Read the first post.
Seriously, read the first post, start at the top, do not skip anything, open all spoilers.
You will have answered your own question before you even complete reading the introduction.
Thanks for the quick reply
Sorry about that, dont know how I missed that part, ignorant of me
cradonale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:02 PM   #2525
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply
Sorry about that, dont know how I missed that part, ignorant of me
It was probably the spoiler that slid past your eyes.

But the post is far too long as it is, and if I didn't use spoilers it would be impossible for anyone to read.
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #2526
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Hii,

Doesn't jailbreak

What should I do ?
Your choices are:

1) live with the Amazon software until, if ever, a jailbreak is developed for it

2) return it and look for one with an earlier firmware release you can jailbreak

3) follow the serial jailbreak thread here. Keep in mind this requires opening the unit and connecting appropriate hardware to tiny, fragile connections on the board.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #2527
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Your choices are:

1) live with the Amazon software until, if ever, a jailbreak is developed for it

2) return it and look for one with an earlier firmware release you can jailbreak

3) follow the serial jailbreak thread here. Keep in mind this requires opening the unit and connecting appropriate hardware to tiny, fragile connections on the board.

Dave
@Dave: Where did you get your rubber stamp? I need one of those today.

@General: Is posting the same answer more than once breaking the rule about no double posting?

@cradonale: You do not mention what country, but if in the USA -
Send it back using the "no questions asked" return policy.

Buy a certified refurbished PW3 from Amazon-USA.
I did just last week and they are still shipping with firmware that can be jail broken with the current software jb.
(and save yourself a few dollars in the process)
Old 08-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #2528
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@Dave: Where did you get your rubber stamp? I need one of those today.

@General: Is posting the same answer more than once breaking the rule about no double posting?

@cradonale: You do not mention what country, but if in the USA -
Send it back using the "no questions asked" return policy.

Buy a certified refurbished PW3 from Amazon-USA.
I did just last week and they are still shipping with firmware that can be jail broken with the current software jb.
(and save yourself a few dollars in the process)
I know I am repeating myself, but I believe that was in another thread.

Perhaps it would make sense to add a reference to the serial jailbreak thread to the first post for those with firmware that cannot otherwise be served.

Dave
Old 08-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #2529
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

Perhaps it would make sense to add a reference to the serial jailbreak thread to the first post for those with firmware that cannot otherwise be served.

Dave
I don't think it counts as double posting if you are answering the same question over and over and over and over.
Now can we all borrow your rubber stamp?

Do you really think it would help to add the reference there?

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-21-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #2530
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:

Dave
I was just thinking of doing that myself.

If I can get geekmaster to do it, he is very good with those colorful, flashing font, messages . . . .
(Seriously, he and wife are on vacation, I will have to do it myself.)
Old 08-21-2017, 03:43 PM   #2531
dhdurgee
Guru

Quote:
I was just thinking of doing that myself.

If I can get geekmaster to do it, he is very good with those colorful, flashing font, messages . . . .
(Seriously, he and wife are on vacation, I will have to do it myself.)
Sounds good to me. I guess any such reference will have to note that this is not an option for Oasis owners at this point, as nobody knows where the serial port terminations are.

Dave
Old 08-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #2532
knc1
Going Viral

Done.
With the exception of the re-direct to the serial jailbreaking thread(s).
(Because mine is not done yet and the prior one does not describe using the current diagnostics firmware.)

We do not want to discourage Oasis owners from looking for the serial port.
Some day, someone with more money than common sense will come along and destroy their Oasis finding it.

Last edited by knc1; 08-21-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #2533
Dcxx
Dcxx began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 5.8.10 (3202090019)
Deleted
Dcxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #2534
Dcxx
Dcxx began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 5.8.10 (3202090019)
Quote:
Hi,
Back from vacations!
Out of curiosity, what does dnc1 mean by "Well, I installed that." in post #2500?
Dcxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:50 AM   #2535
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerx View Post
Add me to the list with a Paperwhite 3 that won't jailbreak.
5.8.9.0.1 (3175970011)
Yes the serial starts with G090 G1.
Yes the file was added to the device unaltered and yes I have checked the MD5.
;installHtml does nothing except have the search box close.
No jailbreak document gets created.
html_demos file added and it made no difference.
Device has never been reset, it arrived in the mail today.
And yes, airplane mode is on.

I'm open to suggestions but from what I've read here so far I don't expect any for a few days.
Quote:
I PM'd you my suggestion on what to try.
Whatever happens, it will not cause any harm, it will work or it will do nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerx View Post
Well, I installed that. Now step 5 to install the jailbreak appears to be a success. The process completes as described complete with the creation of the document.

However step 6 falls over and dies. Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin gets copied over to the device, I unmount it, and the Kindle complains about an invalid update and removes the file from the device.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcxx View Post
Hi,
Back from vacations!
Out of curiosity, what does dnc1 mean by "Well, I installed that." in post #2500?
Hackerx means that he followed the suggestion I sent him by PM (Personal Message).

Last edited by knc1; 08-22-2017 at 07:02 AM.