Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 09:33 PM   #2491
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If people think this one is too long, try the next masterpiece:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...29&postcount=1
Don't even try to read it, just try to scroll through it.
(And I am not done - Swifty would like all of those pictures.)
It is harder to scroll than read.
. I will read it tomorrow.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:45 PM   #2492
hackerx
hackerx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White 3
Add me to the list with a Paperwhite 3 that won't jailbreak.
5.8.9.0.1 (3175970011)
Yes the serial starts with G090 G1.
Yes the file was added to the device unaltered and yes I have checked the MD5.
;installHtml does nothing except have the search box close.
No jailbreak document gets created.
html_demos file added and it made no difference.
Device has never been reset, it arrived in the mail today.
And yes, airplane mode is on.

I'm open to suggestions but from what I've read here so far I don't expect any for a few days.
hackerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2017, 11:08 PM   #2493
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerx View Post
- - - -
I'm open to suggestions but from what I've read here so far I don't expect any for a few days.
keep it in airplame mode.
do not even look at the reset touch button.
i'll PM you when I get up in the morning.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:08 PM   #2494
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Add me to the list with a Paperwhite 3 that won't jailbreak.
5.8.9.0.1 (3175970011)
Yes the serial starts with G090 G1.
Yes the file was added to the device unaltered and yes I have checked the MD5.
;installHtml does nothing except have the search box close.
No jailbreak document gets created.
html_demos file added and it made no difference.
Device has never been reset, it arrived in the mail today.
And yes, airplane mode is on.

Follow the first post.
Do steps 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Then report back.
Do not skip any of those steps.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:16 AM   #2495
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
posted by mistake

Last edited by hius07; 08-16-2017 at 08:20 AM.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #2496
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
- - - -
Quote:
keep it in airplame mode.
do not even look at the reset touch button.
i'll PM you when I get up in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Follow the first post.
Do steps 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Then report back.
Do not skip any of those steps.
Sorry for the delay - I over-worked yesterday and over-slept this morning.

I PM'd you my suggestion on what to try.
Whatever happens, it will not cause any harm, it will work or it will do nothing.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:11 AM   #2497
MoltenPlasma
MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Hey guys. I was downgrading my KT3 on 5.8.7.2.x and it did it and said update successful but when it rebooted it is now stuck on the tree screen and I can't do anything. Did I just brick it or what?

EDIT: I plugged it into USB and let it sit for about 5 minutes and the loading screen came up and it booted. PHEW

Last edited by MoltenPlasma; 08-17-2017 at 01:13 AM.
MoltenPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:19 AM   #2498
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenPlasma View Post
Hey guys. I was downgrading my KT3 on 5.8.7.2.x and it did it and said update successful but when it rebooted it is now stuck on the tree screen and I can't do anything. Did I just brick it or what?

EDIT: I plugged it into USB and let it sit for about 5 minutes and the loading screen came up and it booted. PHEW
You must have missed the Step 0 item ::
Quote:
Put on charger and be sure it is fully charged before starting the process.
If it did come back to life - everything is good - continue following the directions (once it completely recharges).
Old 08-17-2017, 01:26 AM   #2499
MoltenPlasma
MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Quote:
Quote:
Put on charger and be sure it is fully charged before starting the process.
You are correct. I guess I'm pretty lucky then
MoltenPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #2500
hackerx
hackerx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White 3
progress

Quote:
Sorry for the delay - I over-worked yesterday and over-slept this morning.

I PM'd you my suggestion on what to try.
Whatever happens, it will not cause any harm, it will work or it will do nothing.
Well, I installed that. Now step 5 to install the jailbreak appears to be a success. The process completes as described complete with the creation of the document.

However step 6 falls over and dies. Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin gets copied over to the device, I unmount it, and the Kindle complains about an invalid update and removes the file from the device.
hackerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:22 AM   #2501
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Well, I installed that. Now step 5 to install the jailbreak appears to be a success. The process completes as described complete with the creation of the document.

However step 6 falls over and dies. Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin gets copied over to the device, I unmount it, and the Kindle complains about an invalid update and removes the file from the device.
Use this one instead:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...69&postcount=5
Old 08-18-2017, 02:33 AM   #2502
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Quote:

If it did come back to life - everything is good - continue following the directions (once it completely recharges).
Even if an empty battery was the case for MoltenPlasma - I've run in the very same problem with my PW3, and it REALLY was fully charged. (I'm a flashing crack and know how important stable power supply is in this case.) I also had to connect the Kindle to USB until it got recognized as an external USB drive. Then I did the hard reset/reboot by pressing the powerbutton for about 20 seconds (USB still connected), and - hurray! - the Kindle rebooted into the downgrade factory image firmware. All following steps run without any problems.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #2503
lucasmpr
Enthusiast
lucasmpr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Had the same problem with one of my kindles. The second one I was trying to jailbreak. It was stuck on tree screen.

I was panicking that I did something wrong. 10min after it got out and finished installing itself. Happened with many of my kindles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
Even if an empty battery was the case for MoltenPlasma - I've run in the very same problem with my PW3, and it REALLY was fully charged. (I'm a flashing crack and know how important stable power supply is in this case.) I also had to connect the Kindle to USB until it got recognized as an external USB drive. Then I did the hard reset/reboot by pressing the powerbutton for about 20 seconds (USB still connected), and - hurray! - the Kindle rebooted into the downgrade factory image firmware. All following steps run without any problems.
lucasmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #2504
knc1
Going Viral

There are evidently differences in devices that we have not accounted for.

I suspect that this current jail break will only be good for a few more months.

If Amazon releases new device(s) this fall, probably the whole game will change and we can start looking for a new way to jail break the devices.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #2505
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
There are evidently differences in devices that we have not accounted for.

I suspect that this current jail break will only be good for a few more months.

If Amazon releases new device(s) this fall, probably the whole game will change and we can start looking for a new way to jail break the devices.
Does this mean we will be out of a
Spoiler:
unpaid
job?