Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
CatSay
CatSay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bookmarks workings using calibre e-book viewer with EPUB file

My understanding is that bookmarks are saved the EPUB file itself.
I created bookmarks on an EPUB book under Adobe Digital Edition (both highlighting some text in the book and adding notes as allowed under Adobe DE).

I added the EPUB book to Calibre:
- none of the bookmarks (nor text highlighted area, nor related notes) have been read by Calibre.
- when i highlight an area of text in Calibre e-reader, save it and then come back to it clicking on the link in manage bookmarks, it brings me back to the page but does not keep the area of text highlighted!

Are the above linked with my novice knowledge of Calibre?
Any known fix of plug-in?

If the above is indeed a weakness of Calibre, as a new user of that software to maintain my ebook collection, it is a major put off as for me a major plus of ebooks is not only to highlight (bookmark) interesting parts of a book but also to thereafter quickly browse over the various bookmarked area as a way to synthetise the most important statements but also quickly find the exact quote previously highlighted via keyword search!

Can anyobe guide me as to how to optimise bookmarks usage on Calibre? (As i did not find any info in manual nor forum questions)

Thanks in advance

Eric
CatSay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatSay View Post
My understanding is that bookmarks are saved the EPUB file itself.
I created bookmarks on an EPUB book under Adobe Digital Edition (both highlighting some text in the book and adding notes as allowed under Adobe DE).

I added the EPUB book to Calibre:
- none of the bookmarks (nor text highlighted area, nor related notes) have been read by Calibre.
- when i highlight an area of text in Calibre e-reader, save it and then come back to it clicking on the link in manage bookmarks, it brings me back to the page but does not keep the area of text highlighted!

Are the above linked with my novice knowledge of Calibre?
Any known fix of plug-in?

If the above is indeed a weakness of Calibre, as a new user of that software to maintain my ebook collection, it is a major put off as for me a major plus of ebooks is not only to highlight (bookmark) interesting parts of a book but also to thereafter quickly browse over the various bookmarked area as a way to synthetise the most important statements but also quickly find the exact quote previously highlighted via keyword search!

Can anyobe guide me as to how to optimise bookmarks usage on Calibre? (As i did not find any info in manual nor forum questions)

Thanks in advance

Eric
Weakness?
Adobe (apple, Amazon, B&N...) all think that their way should be the only way
That said, each creates (that includes Calibre's-viewer) , stores bookmarks and high lights in their own (format) way. In their own special places . Additionally, some of those places are not even accessible to any outside program.

So you will need pencil and paper to take Notes with , even in this day of e-books
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert