Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Please try reloading your epub in Sigil 1.4.2. Do NOT use Sigil 1.4.1!

**Before** hitting Mend and Prettify please try the following:

1. Open the OPF file in Sigil's BookBrowser and take a screenshot of the OPF file and post it here.

That would show us if something there is making it hard for Calibre to load the opf file itself.

2. One by one open each xhtml file in Sigil's Preview window using the BookBrowser (make sure you have the Preview window enabled and showing). Screen shot any Preview error messages and post them here.

That should give us a hint as to what if anything is confusing Sigil's Gumbo parser (used by Mend) so much.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-25-2020 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:12 PM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another idea that might help tell us what is going on.

Using Sigil-1.4.2 load your epub:

1. Run the epubcheck plugin and screenshot its errors
2. Run reformat all Mend and Prettify
3. Then run the epubcheck plugin again and see if it detects any errors

Post the screenshots here so that we can try to figure things out or PM KevinH and DiapDealer here with them.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-25-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Advert
Old 11-27-2020, 10:02 AM   #18
lacenaire
lacenaire began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Sigil 1.4.2 doesn't work

Hi, Sigil 1.4.2 64bit crashes on opening, 32bit version too. I reinstalled the 64bit version 1.3.0 and it works fine. My OS is Windows 10 Pro v 20H2 (build 19042.630). What could be the problem?
Old 11-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer

- crashes on startup are generally caused by a corrupted "sigil.ini" file. Try renaming that file to something else so that Sigil will create a fresh copy from scratch.

- some startup crashes can be caused by missing dictionaries. But the dictionaries are included in the Windows installer so that should not be your issue.

- sometimes startup issues are caused by missing or outdated video drivers. But I do not think the Qt version changed between Sigil 1.3.0 and Sigil 1.4.2.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:37 AM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
- crashes on startup are generally caused by a corrupted "sigil.ini" file. Try renaming that file to something else so that Sigil will create a fresh copy from scratch.

- some startup crashes can be caused by missing dictionaries. But the dictionaries are included in the Windows installer so that should not be your issue.

- sometimes startup issues are caused by missing or outdated video drivers. But I do not think the Qt version changed between Sigil 1.3.0 and Sigil 1.4.2.
- you might also want to try completely uninstalling Sigil 1.3.0 before installing Sigil 1.4.2
Advert
Old 11-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #21
lacenaire

Thanks Kevin,
before installing Sigil 1.4.2 I had uninstalled Sigil 1.3.0 and cleaned the registry with CCleaner. I'll try to follow your advices and I'll inform you if the new version of Sigil run on my PC.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:58 AM   #22
mechastyler
mechastyler began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi Kevin,
First of all thanks for all your efforts in improving Sigil with new features. I love the second spellcheck language support.
I have an issue that spellcheck lookup feature doesn't work properly.
-If I choose the language as Turkish, I can see all misspelled words, ok. But when clicking on the word, it doesn't select the word on Sigil
-If I choose the language as Turkish-Turkey, it doesn't appear anything on spellcheck dialog window.

Screenshot:
https://hizliresim.com/15HLmQ

Please advise. Thanks in advance for your support.

Last edited by mechastyler; 11-28-2020 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:12 AM   #23
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechastyler View Post
-If I choose the language as Turkish, I can see all misspelled words, ok. But when clicking on the word, it doesn't select the word on Sigil.
AFAIK, this issue was fixed in Sigil 1.4.2. Please double-check your Sigil version number.

If you have already installed Sigil 1.4.2, you might have to:
a) add a lang attribute to the <html> tag of all HTML files.
Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="tr-TR">
b) select Preference > Language > Default Language For Metadata > Turkish -Turkey.
c) double-check that the language metadata entry is correct:
Code:
<dc:language>tr-TR</dc:language>

Last edited by Doitsu; 11-28-2020 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:42 AM   #24
mechastyler

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
AFAIK, this issue was fixed in Sigil 1.4.2. Please double-check your Sigil version number.

If you have already installed Sigil 1.4.2, you might have to:
a) add a lang attribute to the <html> tag of all HTML files.
Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="tr-TR">
b) select Preference > Language > Default Language For Metadata > Turkish -Turkey.
I added TR lang attribute manually. And it works! Thx.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:21 AM   #25
lacenaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacenaire View Post
Thanks Kevin,
before installing Sigil 1.4.2 I had uninstalled Sigil 1.3.0 and cleaned the registry with CCleaner. I'll try to follow your advices and I'll inform you if the new version of Sigil run on my PC.
It works! I renamed sigil.ini (this file is located in C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil) to sigil.ini_old and when restarting Sigil, it's OK.
Thanks again.

P.S. The program icon is brown: what should I do to get the blue icon?
Old 11-28-2020, 08:51 AM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacenaire View Post
P.S. The program icon is brown: what should I do to get the blue icon?
The application icons are compiled resources. You can really only fully integrate the teal-colored icon in your Windows menus (as well as the exe's icon) by compiling Sigil from source. You can, however, change a desktop Sigil shortcut's icon to whatever you like. Feel free to download any of the various sizes of the alternate colored icon from Sigil's source-code repository if you like: https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil.../app_icons_alt. You can also download the svg in the first post of this thread by right-clicking on the image.

We are thinking of moving in the direction of the alternate icon as the default in future Sigil releases, but wanted to get input on the idea, and ease into it a bit.

P.S. ... and just for the record: the existing Sigil icon is maroon, not brown.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-28-2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:33 AM   #27
KevinH
Sigil Developer

But you should not need to do that in Sigil 1.4.2.

Sigil-1.4.0 and Sigil-1.4.1 have critical bugs and they have therefore been removed from our github releases.

Please make sure you are using Sigil-1.4.2. Check the "About Sigil" menu to verify you are using Sigil 1.4.2 and NOT an earlier version.

Also what have you set the default metadata language to in Sigil's Preferences?

What dc:language tags are set in the metadata in the OPF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechastyler View Post
I added TR lang attribute manually. And it works! Thx.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-28-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:00 AM   #28
mechastyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
But you should not need to do that in Sigil 1.4.2.

Sigil-1.4.0 and Sigil-1.4.1 have critical bugs and they have therefore been removed from our github releases.

Please make sure you are using Sigil-1.4.2. Check the "About Sigil" menu to verify you are using Sigil 1.4.2 and NOT an earlier version.

Also what have you set the default metadata language to in Sigil's Preferences?

What dc:language tags are set in the metadata in the OPF?
I assure you I'm using Sigil 1.4.2.

Also checked metadata language and opf file, they are set as "Turkish-Turkey".

Please check the following epub file as recently converted from a PDF via Abbyy Fine Reader. There is same issue here. I should add a TR lang attribute to every xml file manually. Otherwise I couldn't see any misspelled word on spellcheck look up window.

https://filebin.net/m46iwx6quaatxqt2

Last edited by mechastyler; 11-29-2020 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:16 AM   #29
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Sigil 1.4.2
Windows 10 Pro
I checked this EPUB file in Turkish and clicking on a word in the spell checker correctly jumps to the right place in the .xhtml file.

Are you sure you have the Turkish dictionary installed?

There are two files:
tr_TR.aff
tr_TR.dic

Download them from here:
https://github.com/LibreOffice/dicti...e/master/tr_TR

... and make sure you put the files in the dictionary folder:
%localappdata%\sigil-ebook\sigil\hunspell_dictionaries
Old 11-29-2020, 05:56 AM   #30
mechastyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Sigil 1.4.2
Windows 10 Pro
I checked this EPUB file in Turkish and clicking on a word in the spell checker correctly jumps to the right place in the .xhtml file.

Are you sure you have the Turkish dictionary installed?

There are two files:
tr_TR.aff
tr_TR.dic

Download them from here:
https://github.com/LibreOffice/dicti...e/master/tr_TR

... and make sure you put the files in the dictionary folder:
%localappdata%\sigil-ebook\sigil\hunspell_dictionaries
I really don't know why but dict folder was empty. Now everything is OK!
Sorry for the inconvenience guys and preciated for your all help.
Closed Thread