Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-18-2021, 01:57 AM   #1
shinken
shinken began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Booken cybook gen3 battery?

i need a new battery for my Booken cybook gen3.
I believe they are out of production.
Where to buy one, or alternative batteries?
I am in Italy
Tks
shinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:01 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinken View Post
i need a new battery for my Booken cybook gen3.
I believe they are out of production.
Where to buy one, or alternative batteries?
I am in Italy
Tks
I do not know what battery your Gen3 takes, but I recommend getting a new Reader because they are faster with better screens, and higher resolution. The Carta screens are much nicer to when reading. I switched from an 800x600 Pearl screen to a Carta screen and the difference is very noticeable. Also, a number of Readers have a larger then 6" screen and a lot of users on the forum like the larger size screen. The Reader I have has a 6.8" screen and I like it a lot better then a 6" screen.

P.S. I found this thread about the Gen3 battery. I don't know if it's still relevant. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=138341 I also found this listing for a battery.No idea how good they are. https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32806666643.html But read the MR thread first.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-18-2021 at 10:10 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #3
shinken
shinken began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
@JSWolf
Thanks for the reply.
the links are interesting
The cybook is my oldest reader.
I also have a kobo
shinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 05:01 AM   #4
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I was thinking of changing my battery as well, but the button for changing pages forward died at about the same time. Fortunately, I removed one of the side switches I rarely used and soldered it in the place of the failed one. It was successful and I could use the reader again, but figured out it was reaching the end of is lifetime after (then) around 8 years of heavy use and simply got a new one. I still have it, it works with bad battery autonomy but I have not read a single book on it after getting the new one (cybook again the muse model).

Στάλθηκε από το Pixel 4a μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, cybook gen3, europe