Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
seymourtv
seymourtv began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 PW4
How-to show epubs on PW4 homescreen?

Hello,

Thanks to folks like @ilovejedd and @NiLuJe I was able to jailbreak my PW4 and get KOReader installed. I also have a PW3 that was previously jailbroken.

How do I show my epub files in the Kindle homescreen shelf? See image below. You see the left image PW3 has the epubs displayed, whereas the PW4 does not.

Any ideas?
seymourtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:04 PM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
You can try KPVBooklet, but it introduces many bugs to KOReader when opening books through Kindle menu. So it’s better to just open KOReader via KUAL and use it’s file manager
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
seymourtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
You can try KPVBooklet, but it introduces many bugs to KOReader when opening books through Kindle menu. So it’s better to just open KOReader via KUAL and use it’s file manager
Thank you. My PW3 does have KPVBooklet - that makes sense!
Old 03-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
As @mergen3107 said, KPVBooklet is not going to turn out great on a PW4 because it's by definition running a FW version that's not handled well (or at all) by KPVBooklet, and, since it's unmaintained, here be dragons.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #5
seymourtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
As @mergen3107 said, KPVBooklet is not going to turn out great on a PW4 because it's by definition running a FW version that's not handled well (or at all) by KPVBooklet, and, since it's unmaintained, here be dragons.
Yeah. I tried several times to install KPVBooklet via UYK but each time the final was deleted and the UYK was not able to be pressed.

Is there any other way to display epub on the main Kindle shelf page?
Advert
Old 03-25-2020, 10:51 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Convert to azw3/KF8 using Calibre?
I have all my ebooks in at least 3 formats in Calibre and backed up.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #7
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Rename .epub to .png and send to the Kindle's email.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:20 PM   #8
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
I have used this trick and it works.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:41 PM   #9
seymourtv

Quote:
Thanks. I have not heard of this before. LOL I did not know we can email the Kindle. Is there a guide for this?
Old 03-25-2020, 02:16 PM   #10
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourtv View Post
Thanks. I have not heard of this before. LOL I did not know we can email the Kindle. Is there a guide for this?
Goto the amazon website in your browser. Goto your list of devices and click the Actions button by your device to see a pop-up listing among other things the email address for that device.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:38 PM   #11
seymourtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Goto the amazon website in your browser. Goto your list of devices and click the Actions button by your device to see a pop-up listing among other things the email address for that device.

Dave
Thanks Dave. There is one more thing - Sender email addresses must be approved on the Amazon website. Here are the extra steps:

Quote:
The sender my@email.com tried to send document(s) to your Kindle. Any document, sent to you by my@email.com will not be delivered to your Kindle because the sender is not in your Kindle approved e-mail list.

To approve the sender's e-mail address:
1. Visit Manage Your Content and Devices page.
2. Sign-in to Amazon account.
3. Go to "Personal Document Settings" under "Manage Your Content and Devices".
4. Under "Approved Personal Document E-mail List" click "Add a new approved e-mail address".
5. Enter the e-mail address to approve and select "Add Address."
6. Instruct the sender to resend the document(s).

Please note that you will receive this notification only once. In the future, only documents sent from approved e-mail addresses will be delivered to you.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:08 PM   #12
seymourtv

Quote:
Thanks again. It works great!

Do I need jail break and/or KUAL to use this feature?
Old 03-25-2020, 11:45 PM   #13
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourtv View Post
Thanks again. It works great!

Do I need jail break and/or KUAL to use this feature?
No you don't, thanks to Amazon.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:55 PM   #14
seymourtv

Quote:
No you don't, thanks to Amazon.
Holy poop
Old 03-28-2020, 01:37 PM   #15
seymourtv

Quote:
Hi again, Another question... How do we remove these emailed .png documents from the Kindle home page? I did "Remove document" but still the image remains and option to Download it again.

Thanks!