Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
helibird
helibird began at the beginning.

Device: dell netbook
Is this fixed? Azw new format to epub (2017?)

A looong while ago azw's stopped converting to epub because of a new version of the format. The solution at the time was to reinstall a previous version of Kindle for Pc and block it updating. Yeah you've guessed it I am still using 13.11.2017. (well it works!)
I am pretty sure that it has been fixed long ago but it is difficult to know what to search for. I cant find any thing about it being fixed.
Anyone know for sure if I can go back to getting updates for kindle for pc without it causing problems. I dont want to have to hunt for and reinstall the old version if it messes up.
helibird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Uh!
The top sticky in this forum. The format is KFX

K4pc versioning is on its Help: about screen (and does not look like a Date)
Version 1.17.1 (44183) is what mine shows, which might not be the absolute latest that will work, but close
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
To summarize that thread, version 1.17.1 of Kindle for PC is the last you can use easily to provide files to import into calibre. Some more recent versions than that can be made to work with additional effort and the most recent versions cannot be used at all.

Hopefully Amazon will continue to support the older versions of this software.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:05 AM   #4
helibird

Thanks to all for the reply. the version I have is is 1.17.1 so I'll stick with that
Old 03-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
its good to have a backup installer for that, if you can find one.
not sure if there are any valid links elsewhere in the forum, but I expect google can find you one.
i have one in dropbox so PM me if you get desperate
this version KindleForPC-installer-1.17.44183.exe, same as what you already have.

there ought to be a way of converting an installed PC program back into an installer. it's easy on android, never tried to do it in windows
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2020, 08:04 AM   #6
helibird

Thanks for the offer but I found the installer on my PC. I have copied it to Mybooks in case I ever need to reinstall and I'll add it to my backup next time I do one

Tags
kindle-for-pc azw epub