Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Is there a way around the Sony software?

I used the sony software only for a couple of weeks after purchasing my 505 months ago. After discovering Calibre's superiority, I began using it exclusively for managing my books.

The problem is that on occaision when I plug my 505 in it automatically launches the Sony software, which immediately begins to try and sync. This has made a mess of things on occaision and required me to use the "fix disk" on my reader to stop it from being in endless format mode.

I still purchase books from the Sony ebook store and the only way I know to log in is through their software. Is there another way to purchase Sony ebooks? Can I disable the auto launch?
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
There is a previous thread on this topic: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59703

So far I just stopped the sync and - lucky me - didn't have any problems with it.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
katysax
Enthusiast
katysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litter

Device: Kindle2, Kindle DX, prs 505
You can avoid using the Sony Ebook reader software - I almost never use it - by using Calibre.

You can stop the autolaunch of the software either of two ways.

1. Run: MSCONFIG. Look for the sony reader software under "startup" and uncheck it.

2. Run: REGEDIT: Hkeylocalmachine/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run/
Then delete the reference to the sony software.
katysax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
And for apple? any ideas?
Thanks
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
pdarcy
pdarcy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
There is a launchd entry that you need to disable. Do a google search for “launchd editor”. I don’t remember which one I used.
pdarcy is offline   Reply With Quote