Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 11:28 PM   #2326
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
How do I sort them on Kobo? Trying to send a link and have no idea what I am doing.

Scratch that, I realized I can click on the publisher.

Last edited by zelda.owns.link; 03-25-2020 at 11:35 PM. Reason: I am dumb
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:53 PM   #2327
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Ilona Andrews are offering a "plague sale" - an omnibus of the first three titles in their Innkeeper series (my favorite among their series) for $0.99. Details from their blog post:

Quote:
Life is kind of sucky right now. People are scared. Money situation for many in US is uncertain.

So, here are the first three books in the Innkeeper series for .99 cents. We wish we could give you something new, but we don’t have anything ready. (Working on that.) We tried making it free, but it’s actually kind of complicated and forcing Amazon to price match was taking awhile so we went with the 99 cents.

This is a reprint of subterranean’s collector edition. This is not a new book. it contains Clean Sweep, Sweep in Peace, and One Fell Sweep.

This book is not permanent, meaning that once the plague is over, it will come down, so if you want it, grab it. Please share and retweet this post, so people who don’t have it and are looking for escape can snag it. All proceeds from the sale of this book, minus our literary agency’s costs, will be donated to CDP Covid-19 Response Fund. (PS. If someone see the BN edition, please throw a link at me, because I don’t think it’s live yet.)
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086CF4NY2/
Nook: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/boo...=2940162717218
Kobo US (VIP/couponable): https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...les-volume-one

Also at Kindle UK for £0.99: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Innkeeper-C...dp/B086CF4NY2/

I don't do Apple Books, but the blog says it's available there too...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:45 PM   #2328
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
There are now 235 Free titles from Entangled (Macmillan).

*** I didn't insert hyperlinks for Amazon because I think the free titles count against the affiliate income for Mobileread, just copy the text between the quotes for the link & paste it in a new tab.

Amazon US (235 Free titles):

"https://www.amazon.com/s?k=entangled+macmillan&i=digital-text&rh=p_36%3A0-0"

Amazon Canada (229 Free titles):

"https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=entangled+macmillan&i=digital-text&rh=p_36%3A0-0"

Kobo US (235 Free titles)

Kobo Canada (230 Free titles)
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #2329
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
Only rereads again this week.

Just finished New Year’s Kisses in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread. (I wish Noelle & Riordan had a whole novella or book, but alas I think this short is all we will have of them ). I hope to reread Wild Night and start on Shards of Hope this evening.

Purchased:
none purchased, but I added almost a dozen of the Entangled/Macmillan freebies to my Kobo library. I have not yet download and added them to Calibre though. It would have been more, but I already own quite a number of the ones that were originally published by Samhain so I didn't bother with any of those.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:30 AM   #2330
maccharl
Enthusiast
maccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animalsmaccharl is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
As Long As I Have You (London Sullivans 1) by Bella Andre is 0.99 @ Amazon US

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCWG61N...923520_TE_M1DP
maccharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:16 AM   #2331
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
I finally got an email from Entangled regarding their HUGE sale currently going on with over 1,000 titles either $0.99 or free. The link in the email took me to a B&N page - probably because there's no way to filter for the full list on Amazon .

If you are interested in seeing the entire list, here is the link. There's still no way to sort or search by author but at least this is complete.

Entangled romance sale listing
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:15 AM   #2332
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
Still just rereads. I am up to Allegiance of Honor in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
Picked up some freebies this week. I do have some books in my cart at Kobo, but haven't gotten around to actually buying them yet. I used to purchase on release day, but was thinking I'm not ready to read them yet, so I will just wait. It's weird.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #2333
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Weekly Report:

Read:
Still just rereads. I am up to Allegiance of Honor in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.
I'm slowing working my way through Psy/Changeling for the first time and just finished Shards of Hope. I have to say, the last 3 books have all been stellar (Kaleb/Sahara, Vasic/Ivy, Aden/Zaira). However, much as I want to roll right into Allegiance of Honor, I find that I need a break between each book, otherwise Nalini's writing style gets too repetitive for me. By taking breaks, I'm able to love every book, but it's also taken me 2 yrs to read the whole series.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #2334
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I'm slowing working my way through Psy/Changeling for the first time and just finished Shards of Hope. I have to say, the last 3 books have all been stellar (Kaleb/Sahara, Vasic/Ivy, Aden/Zaira). However, much as I want to roll right into Allegiance of Honor, I find that I need a break between each book, otherwise Nalini's writing style gets too repetitive for me. By taking breaks, I'm able to love every book, but it's also taken me 2 yrs to read the whole series.
Those three books are among my personal favorites but I totally understand about the books becoming repetetive. The stretch that's primarily set in SnowDancer (books 9, 10, 11) always makes me tired of the phrase "predatory changeling male."

I keep trying to read new-to-me books in between my rereads like I usually do, but it is just not working for me this year. And I know it's me, so I haven't made myself continue reading any of them as that seems unfair to the books. Whereas I have reread this series multiple times now and consider the books comfort reads. But I have been watching various TV shows and movies in between books so I do give my brain a bit of a break.

I think the repetitiveness factor happens with every author. It's the main reason I rarely glom a new-to-me author's backlist in quick succession anymore. It's too easy to get burnout. For whatever reason it's usually not as off putting when I reread.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:34 AM   #2335
worktolive
Guru

I'm still reading new books, but at a much slower pace. It's hard to concentrate and I tend to play a lot of solitaire, do jigsaw puzzles, and obsessively check the news. I think a lot of people are re-reading right now!
Old 04-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #2336
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

No details yet, but Jayne Ann Krentz has said she's writing another World of Harmony book. We haven't had a new futuristic from her since 2016's Illusion Town so I am excited as I've always enjoyed her Jayne Castle titles.

Last edited by library addict; 04-10-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #2337
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Another book on sale by Mariana Zapata, whose self-pub books I've quite enjoyed. (See here, and a few posts after, for a discussion of the self-pub thing if you are really interested.)

Luna and the Lie is $0.99 at Kindle US right now, not on sale at Kindle UK, at least as of now.

link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LBMPK54

Spoiler:
Quote:
The problem with secrets is that they’re too easy to keep collecting.

Luna Allen has done some things she would rather no one ever know about. She also knows that, if she could go back in time, she wouldn’t change a single thing.

With three sisters she loves, a job she (mostly) adores, and a family built up of friends she’s made over the years, Luna figures everything has worked out the way it was supposed to.

But when one of those secrets involves the man who signs her paycheck, she can’t find it in her to regret it. Despite the fact that he’s not the friendliest man in the world. Or the most patient.

Sometimes there are things you’re better off keeping to yourself.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:05 PM   #2338
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
No details yet, but Jayne Ann Krentz has said she's writing another World of Harmony book. We haven't had a new futuristic from her since 2016's Illusion Town so I am excited as I've always enjoyed her Jayne Castle titles.
Yes, yes, yes!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 04:50 AM   #2339
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Dust bunnies are coming! Yay!!!
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 06:36 PM   #2340
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
More rereads only. Next up in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread will be Silver Silence which is one of my favorites.

Purchased:
None, but I added more to my Kobo cart. Just haven't had the energy to buy them, download, add to Calibre, etc. Soon I hope.