Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #286
nystagmus
Enthusiast
nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Tolino Shine 3, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile12 View Post
hi all,

first of all thanks for all your info, i appreciated the best apps to download for each category.

i have a problem: when the phone is sleeping, when i type the passcode, it just sometimes just returns to the passcode screen.. if i keep trying/reboot it fixes it temporarily..

any ideas? i haven't used adb or root or anything crazy, the only thing i have done is install Noroot Firewall to block some of the traffic, and i recently updated to the latest version of the software: L1657.6.08.06.00

any help would be appreciated, i just bought this thing, this is a pretty major problem.
it must be a bug as I am having it too, that is why I deactivated PIN
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:57 PM   #287
mobile12
mobile12 doesn't littermobile12 doesn't litter

Device: hisense a5
somewhat strangely I realised that the firewall blocking certain IP addresses for "System UI" was causing the unlock screen to not work. even though I solved my own problem I thought I'd put the solution here in case someone else has the same problem.
mobile12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:37 PM   #288
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kobo Glo HD
As anyone find a way to automatically upload pictures taken with the A5?

Dropbox and Tresorit (installed through aurora store) are not picking the picture folder
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #289
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kobo Glo HD
for those interested, I created a subreddit :*https://www.reddit.com/r/Inkphone
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:26 AM   #290
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i86ML Plus, Boyue Likebook Note, Onyx Boox Note, HiSense A5
On Aliexpress seller "Shen Zhen Frank Technology Co., Ltd" appears to be offering multilanguage versions of the A5 with wildly different price ranges. Languages claimed to be supported are English, Russian, German, French, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Italian, Turkish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, and this almost sounds to be too good to be true. For example:

https://aliexpress.com/item/4000750679110.html

https://aliexpress.com/item/4000712778976.html

Is anybody aware if a multilanguage firmware is available from elsewhere?

Last edited by orebmur; 04-02-2020 at 07:48 AM.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:13 PM   #291
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
On Aliexpress seller "Shen Zhen Frank Technology Co., Ltd" appears to be offering multilanguage versions of the A5 with wildly different price ranges. Languages claimed to be supported are English, Russian, German, French, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Italian, Turkish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, and this almost sounds to be too good to be true. For example:

https://aliexpress.com/item/4000750679110.html

https://aliexpress.com/item/4000712778976.html

Is anybody aware if a multilanguage firmware is available from elsewhere?
As it is an Android device, you can probably get quite a few different languages to run on it.

How good will the translations of Chinese be? That's another question. Even in English, the translations sometimes leave you scratching your head. And some things still remain in Chinese. But it is not a huge problem if you are familiar with Android devices.

As for the Frank store, I bought my A2 Pro from them and didn't have any issues. It arrived on time and functioned normally.

I got my A5 from the CECT Shop because they seemed to be the only place that had it at the time. I was very happy with their service and am extremely happy with my A5.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote