Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-28-2020, 07:23 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Did you try a different cable, different USB port, different computer?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:11 PM   #17
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast
NonSkidSurface began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T/X, Treo 700p
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you try a different cable, different USB port, different computer?
Thanks. I just now tried it with a different cable and on a Win 10 laptop with the same bad results.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
NonSkidSurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:24 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSkidSurface View Post
Thanks. I just now tried it with a different cable and on a Win 10 laptop with the same bad results.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I have another idea. Delete the folders and files with the garbage names.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #19
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast

I was reluctant to delete folders, although I would try it with an older device. I exchanged it for a new one today. All the folders in the new Nook are proper, and just like what I see in my other Nooks. At one time I wondered if Calibre did something to corrupt the Nook folders, but I just added 60 ebooks via Calibre and all is fine. I am not technically savvy about this stuff, but I wonder how the bad Nook managed to work just fine. I wouldn't have known there was trouble except that I tried to put pictures into a particular folder that wasn't there. Thanks to all again. And maybe new Nook owners should check it as a USB drive and see what the folders look like.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:08 PM   #20
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Be careful not to disconnect the NOOK from the computer too quickly after side-loading books. My Windows PC will show a pop-up message that it is safe to disconnect the device, but both NOOK and Kobo devices do take a little time to finish copying the files. Pull the plug too soon and you will corrupt the database.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:03 PM   #21
Bookstooge
Groupie
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Glad to hear the exchange went well and that the new one is working. Hope it has a long life :-)
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:43 PM   #22
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
Glad to hear the exchange went well and that the new one is working. Hope it has a long life :-)
What a great forum! You guys are very supportive with suggestions and answers. I'll monitor the forum more often in case I can offer input.