Notices

Old 09-15-2020, 06:36 AM   #1
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
An unresolved programming issue

Hi,
I'm still looking for a way to call readerfooter.lua functions from dispatcher.lua (for example, call "onUpdaterFooter()" ). I want to update the footer so that the update appears immediately on the screen. Can someone help me and tell me how to do it? Thank you.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:49 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Instead of calling a function yourself you emit a new event that is handled by the reader footer. See http://koreader.rocks/doc/topics/Events.md.html
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2020, 07:33 AM   #3
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Thanks Pazos, but I don't understand "event" concept and how is its implementation. I don't know LUA. I have tried looking some LUA's files to use the same ideas, but I don't understand the concept. Can you tell me an example of event that is handled by the reader footer. Then I will try something similar.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:55 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The extremely short-lived bit of code in #6648 could do just that. (Specifically, the commented out part, so, check the commit progression).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:59 AM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post
Thanks Pazos, but I don't understand "event" concept and how is its implementation. I don't know LUA. I have tried looking some LUA's files to use the same ideas, but I don't understand the concept. Can you tell me an example of event that is handled by the reader footer. Then I will try something similar.
functions that are part of an object and start with "on" are normally events, like https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ua#L1819-L1867

Instead of having to remember an instance of the object and its name to call the function you broadcast the event and each widget that can handle the event will react accordly to the event you broadcasted.

Have a look at https://github.com/koreader/koreader...broadcastEvent.

For a function called "onDoFoo" you broadcast a new event "DoFoo", and the event is delivered to all widgets and handled by widgets that implemented "onDoFoo"
Advert
Old 09-16-2020, 05:53 AM   #6
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

I'm doing tests. Thanks to both of you.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:12 AM   #7
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Gracias Pazos, he aprendido mucho con tus enlaces y sugerencias. Un camino nuevo que no conocía.
Thanks NiJule, I have learned a lot with your suggestions.

This is what I needed and it works:

UIManager:broadcastEvent(Event:new("UpdateFooter", true, true))

Old 09-16-2020, 07:40 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oh, duh, I'd forgotten that there already was an event handler for it ;p.

(Sidebar: you *probably* don't need the second true, unless you're doing some fairly wacky stuff ^^).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:18 AM   #9
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Effectively, the second 'true' is not necessary. All is 'ok' with one 'true'.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #10
pazos
cosiñeiro

Happy to help @Carmelocotonto. Un saludo