Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 09:30 PM   #526
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #527
bosonnoir
bosonnoir began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello,

The internal SD card of my Kobo Aura HD is dead. Could you please send me an image so I can replace it?

Thanks in advance,

Max
Old 08-29-2020, 10:47 AM   #528
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #529
fvdbeek
fvdbeek began at the beginning.

My Kobo Aura HD suddenly stopped working. I replaced the SD card with a new one, with the rootfs and recoverfs copied from the old one. However, this hasn't helped (of course after turning the device off and a hard reset). Could a fresh image (from a working device) work, even when the reading of the old SD card was without reading errors?

If so, could someone provide an image?
Old 08-30-2020, 08:44 PM   #530
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #531
antares_87
antares_87 began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
Please send me kobo aura hd (N204B) image
Old 09-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #532
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@antares_87: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:08 AM   #533
antares_87
antares_87 began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
@davidfor: My Private message is enabled please send the kobo aura hd (N204B) sd card image.
thanks
Old 09-10-2020, 06:40 AM   #534
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #535
Nico8896
Nico8896 began at the beginning.

Post Kobo Aura HD firmware

Hello, I write here because my Aura HD is bricked. I didn't charge it like in 3 weeks and after trying to charge it for hours it didn't give any sign. I tried to soft reset and hard reset and it went to restoring mode but it stopped there and now nothing happens more than the light blinking. Can someone please share with me the original image? I will really appreciate it.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:28 PM   #536
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:26 PM   #537
CarloCracco
CarloCracco began at the beginning.

Hello, my kobo aura HD is bricked, could someone please send me the SD card image?
Thanks
Old 09-24-2020, 08:16 PM   #538
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #539
Blakey
Blakey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura / AuraHD / Aura1 / GloHD / Kindle PW3
David, I'd appreciate a path to the AuraHD (N204B) image also please. Not sure it'll help, but it's worth a try. PMs are enabled.

(Purchased used recently, was on 2.5.x fw, upgraded to 4.23.15548 via USB, had transferred books to it via USB successfully before and after fw upgrade, but after sitting on a bench for a few days:
* the wifi no longer sees networks when enabled,
* USB connection pops up the connect dialogue but it only charges (multiple cables on linux (nothing from lsusb), macos & windows),
* disconnecting the cable causes it to reboot (4 squares) every time,
* screen occasionally corrupts partially in the lower third in use)
Old 10-01-2020, 08:11 PM   #540
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

In a case like that, the first thing to do is a full factory reset. That can solve issues like this. And hopefully the USB issues are not a sign of a hardware problem. Restoring the image will only cost you a bit of time, so it won't harm to do it. But, I would suggest using a new micro SD card. They are getting old and a lot of problems people are having with the older devices seem to be related to failing SD cards.
Closed Thread