Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
sashagregor
sashagregor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Remove Pages in a PDF

I have a mac os X tiger. I wonder if there is a way to remove pages from a pdf. I tried printing to pdf, with only the desired pages selected, but the resulting file was enormous - far bigger than the original pdf file had been. I'm sure I'm missing a great deal, as I'm not very techy. Thank you in advance for any kind help you can give.
sashagregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Acrobat Pro can remove pages easily, but it's very much not a free program. (I suspect there are other programs that can remove pages, if not free, at least much cheaper than Acrobat. Foxit PDF Editor is $99, which is pricy but cheaper than Acrobat.)

The printed file probably changed from text to an image file; that would account for being much bigger.

NitroPDF says it has a free online editor that can remove pages, but it's "closed for maintenance." It's possible that Googledocs allows page deletion in PDFs.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
I think this works in Tiger:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.ph...91026213158621
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote