Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-21-2017, 05:56 AM   #1
larysa
Zealot
larysa began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4
regex capitalize first letter

Hi, I’ve book with <p class:”body”>word even space</p> on each <p class> but i want (with search & replace with regex) replace every my p class with capitalize first letter <p class:”body”>Word even space</p>

How to this? Tanxs. Regards
larysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
it might work better
<p class="body"

Code:
<p class=”body”>([a-z])
Code:
<p class=”body”>\U\1\E
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It has been pointed out that this only works with a PCRE based S&R (Sigil)

PS you should use straight quotes in tags
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It has been pointed out that this only works with a PCRE based S&R (Sigil)

PS you should use straight quotes in tags
Then the Sigil regex needs to be removed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by larysa View Post
Hi, I’ve book with <p class:”body”>word even space</p> on each <p class> but i want (with search & replace with regex) replace every my p class with capitalize first letter <p class:”body”>Word even space</p>
There are several Regex-functions to change the case of matched text. This is one of the modes for searching. "Capitalize text (ignore tags)" should do it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
larysa
Zealot

@theducks: tanxs, now i try! PS i use calibre, not sigil!
@ davidfor: I’ve try regex capitalize text, but not work! On find i write <p class=“body”>
and on regex i type on Capitalize text (ignore tags), then click on find, calibre find my p class but don’t capitalize my first word! Why?
Old 10-22-2017, 08:07 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by larysa View Post
@theducks: tanxs, now i try! PS i use calibre, not sigil!
@ davidfor: I’ve try regex capitalize text, but not work! On find i write <p class=“body”>
and on regex i type on Capitalize text (ignore tags), then click on find, calibre find my p class but don’t capitalize my first word! Why?
Actually, I hit something similar to what you want last night. The case I had looked like:
Code:
<p>Fred said, "this is some dialog
That was scattered through the book with different names. From memory, the search I used was:

Code:
<p>\w+ said, ("[[:lower:]])
Then I used one of the case changing functions, I think it was the "Capitalize text (ignore tags)". What it did is to capitalize what was in the matching group and leave the rest unchanged.

I think that's what I did. I'm at work and can't look back through the search history to be sure. Or test it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:44 AM   #8
larysa
Zealot

Yeeesss, work! Tanxs to everybody!
Old 10-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #9
larysa
Zealot

With suggestion of theducks, capitalize word work better...my only forgetfulness is ([a-z]) on <p class=”body”> on find field!
Tanxs. Regards