Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
wxkingcisc
wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Unhappy LinkFonts won't work on KFX books on OS version higher than 5.8.7.0.1

Hi guys,

the newest version of LinkFonts is 0.13.N-r13420 on this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

it won't work on KFX format books on OS version higher than 5.8.7.0.1 (on 5.8.7.0.1 it works fine), the customized fonts just won't show up. On lower verson it works just fine no matter what the book format is.

this is tested on KOA and KPW3. Is anyone going to update LinkFonts?
wxkingcisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:29 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Did you reinstall all hacks after your update?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I have not heard of anyone working on that add-in.
So you have a clear field to go ahead and update them for us yourself.

= = = = =

And what do you mean by "show up" ?
That is a key bit of information.
Since 5.7.x was ages ago and no one has reported the same problem you have, I do not think it is because nobody but yourself is using the add-in.

There was a time when, due to internal changes by Amazon, the add-in no longer made changes to the font menu (by design).

Although you can't see the name changes in the font menu, the substituted font(s) still "show up" in the rendering of the book when selected.

Last edited by knc1; 10-17-2017 at 09:00 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:14 AM   #4
wxkingcisc
wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.wxkingcisc solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Did you reinstall all hacks after your update?
Yes I re-installed all the add-ins after upgrade, and did a lot of downgrade/upgrade to confirm that LinkFonts doesn't work for KFX books on OS version higher than 5.8.7.0.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I have not heard of anyone working on that add-in.
So you have a clear field to go ahead and update them for us yourself.

= = = = =

And what do you mean by "show up" ?
That is a key bit of information.
Since 5.7.x was ages ago and no one has reported the same problem you have, I do not think it is because nobody but yourself is using the add-in.

There was a time when, due to internal changes by Amazon, the add-in no longer made changes to the font menu (by design).

Although you can't see the name changes in the font menu, the substituted font(s) still "show up" in the rendering of the book when selected.
Sad to say, I've no idea how to update LinkFonts for Kindle
what I mean is, on OS version higher than 5.8.7.0.1, after installed and configured the add-ins, I can see my customed fonts on the Aa list (the fonts on Aa menu will change to the fonts I configured), I can choose, but the font of the KFX book won't change. this happens on Chinese fonts, since I'm happy with the English fonts I do not change them. and LinkFonts works just fine with .azw3 books, with .azw3 books after I change fonts on Aa menu the book font will change, but not with KFX books.
wxkingcisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:05 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
KFX is a different beast. LinkFonts is not broken. KFX is just not compatible and may never be. The software to render KFX is not the same as the software to render KF8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote