Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-18-2022, 11:16 AM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Great on Kindle, $0.50 credit?

So I'm looking at purchasing Stonewall: The Definitive Story of the LGBT Rights Uprising that Changed America and there's a notice on the page that says if I buy the book they will give me a whole $0.50 credit to use on another book.

Reading the fine print, I suspect the credit will only work on other books someone decided are Great on Kindle. Amazon can't just be giving $0.50 away willy-nilly!

Has anyone else seen this?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:28 AM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
So I'm looking at purchasing Stonewall: The Definitive Story of the LGBT Rights Uprising that Changed America and there's a notice on the page that says if I buy the book they will give me a whole $0.50 credit to use on another book.

Reading the fine print, I suspect the credit will only work on other books someone decided are Great on Kindle. Amazon can't just be giving $0.50 away willy-nilly!

You're right, it's only good on a limited number of books. And not only that, it expires in a month. I don't know how Amazon stays afloat giving out all these credits.

A number of years ago this was much more generous and worth the trouble of checking the list for another book instead of letting the credit expire. Not anymore. I don't know why they even bother.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2022, 01:33 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
You're right, it's only good on a limited number of books. And not only that, it expires in a month. I don't know how Amazon stays afloat giving out all these credits.

A number of years ago this was much more generous and worth the trouble of checking the list for another book instead of letting the credit expire. Not anymore. I don't know why they even bother.
Yeah, I wouldn't normally pay $5 for a book, since I have so many. I just wanted that Stonewall book.

I don't see myself combing through a list of books that to my taste will be overpriced in the off chance I can save $0.50.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 01:49 PM   #4
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
And I've been getting credits that are $5 off, but have to be applied to a book (of their choice) that is $9.99 or more. I NEVER (well, almost never - the most recent books of a very very few fiction authors, and a few non-fiction titles) pay $4.99 for a book...

Amazon doesn't know me as well as they think they do !
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:52 PM   #5
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

If you look through the Great on Kindle books, most (probably all) of them give credits equal to 10% of the price Amazon sells them at. A book for $11.99 gives a $1.20 credit, $16.99 gives a $1.70 credit and so on. That's why it's only $0.50, since that book's only $4.99.

It makes sense in that context, but it definitely seems stingy looking at just the one $4.99 book.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert