Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-03-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
dustyp
dustyp began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Stumped

I made the stupid mistake of moving my calibre collection of several thousand ebooks, from the past decade to a network share and accessing it from a remote location at the same time that it was open on my computer. As a result, the database was corrupted and I cannot access it anymore. Even the 'repair database' fails, as does import from previous backup.
Is there any way that I can rebuild the database to a new one?
Deleting the metadata.db file (after moving to backup) and restarting calibre gives me the error that the database can not be found.
I've even tried opening a new folder, and adding books from the original folder, except only a third of the books were added.
There must be some way of restarting it.
dustyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is the companion file (metadata_db_prefs_backup.json) in the new location? That is the DB Structure and setting) configuration .

Withe metadata db missing, you should be able to run the restore.
Note starting Calibre in that Library FOLDER will create an empty Library (DB),
Now run Restore from the Library icon
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
corrupt database