Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-11-2020, 10:59 PM   #1
glint99
glint99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle not recognizing converted epubs

When I convert epubs to mobi, my Kindle won't recognise them and if I try emailing them to Whispersync I get a rejection email from Amazon. This used to work for me.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot as Calibre isn't reporting any problems, and the converted mobi files are viewable within Calibre

Thanks
glint99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:24 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by glint99 View Post
When I convert epubs to mobi, my Kindle won't recognise them and if I try emailing them to Whispersync I get a rejection email from Amazon. This used to work for me.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot as Calibre isn't reporting any problems, and the converted mobi files are viewable within Calibre

Thanks
What flavour of mobi are you converting to? Check the Mobi output option and see if you have it set to old, both or new. Personally, I would vote for a conversion to azw3 and USB to get the ebooks to your Kindle.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2020, 09:18 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What flavour of mobi are you converting to? Check the Mobi output option and see if you have it set to old, both or new. Personally, I would vote for a conversion to azw3 and USB to get the ebooks to your Kindle.

Why not? are you using a public PC (and Portable) so USB is not viable?

You can't use Portable on a public PC without USB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:22 AM   #4
glint99
glint99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Thanks for the reply

The only reason I had for using email was for Amazon "whispersync" with the Kindle app iPhone... but whispersync doesn't seem to work on the iPhone anymore for personal documents.

So I guess azw3 and USB it is.

For the record, I tried both old and new mobi formats but it doesn't matter now.
glint99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:28 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by glint99 View Post
Thanks for the reply

The only reason I had for using email was for Amazon "whispersync" with the Kindle app iPhone... but whispersync doesn't seem to work on the iPhone anymore for personal documents.

doubtful. Ask amazon or check amazon forums

the evidence seems to be only that whisper sync does not work for your iPhone, not for everyone's
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert