Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Mayn
Mayn began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD2
Blank screen when reading outside

Last year I bought a Pocketbook Touch HD2 and overall I like the reader.
There is one thing though I really don't like and that's the fact that when reading outside at moderate temperatures, the screen at some point turns white. I have to cool down the reader and after a while I can continue reading. It happens with direct and indirect sunlight on the screen. Today, a nice day with temps of 24 degrees, it happened twice.

Is this normal behavior? Does anyone recognize this?
Mayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:21 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayn View Post
Last year I bought a Pocketbook Touch HD2 and overall I like the reader.
There is one thing though I really don't like and that's the fact that when reading outside at moderate temperatures, the screen at some point turns white. I have to cool down the reader and after a while I can continue reading. It happens with direct and indirect sunlight on the screen. Today, a nice day with temps of 24 degrees, it happened twice.

Is this normal behavior? Does anyone recognize this?
Until recently I used a Touch HD (1) - I also experienced screen fade when reading in direct sunlight. I found that keeping the screen in shade was the only solution on my reader.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2019, 04:01 AM   #3
Mayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
Until recently I used a Touch HD (1) - I also experienced screen fade when reading in direct sunlight. I found that keeping the screen in shade was the only solution on my reader.
So it seems like "normal" behavior. It has no use to send it back under warranty then. They probably can't fix it.
Thank you for your response.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:25 AM   #4
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
I experienced the same problem with a non-Pocketbook reader device.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:57 AM   #5
Mayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
I experienced the same problem with a non-Pocketbook reader device.
I had a Sony PRS650 which is almost 10 years old and I never had any problems. Well, till the battery died, that's why I bought the Touch HD2. My wife has the same Sony and she is still reading without problems, sun or no sun! So, I decided to buy a battery and replace the one in my Sony! At least I can read outside when it is sunny weather!
Advert
Old 04-21-2019, 05:07 AM   #6
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Maybe the reader sadly isn't made for reading in those temperatures. The manual for Touch HD2 says to avoid direct sunlight. On page 6: http://support.pocketbook-int.com/fw...ch_HD_2_EN.pdf
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote