Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2015, 02:35 AM   #1
mcp000
mcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo
export from glo to aura hd to aura h2o

hi there

im pretty new and quite dumb with handling the "insides" of my kobo reader.

the situation:

my boyfriend has a kobo glo
i have an aura HD and just got me an aura h2o.

soooooo....

now i want to export all my books and notations and reading statistics and
reading progresses and what not from my aura hd to my auro h2o.

then i want an equal export from everything that is on my bf's kobo glo to
my old aura hd.

my bf says we should just plug them to our computer and copy the entire
aura hd content 1:1 to the aura h2o and will be done with the job...

im a bit more sceptical about that, because we dont really know what we are doing there (he will never admit it!). i fear this might cause problems with firmware files and internal program-thingys and what not... right?

i mean its 3 different devices

i searched a bit here in the forum, but didnt really find something about exports -.-

is there an easy way to transfer the books and the other informations? (one even i can understand and execute without his help !!! )

can i do it with calibre?

thanks for any help in advance

kind regards

btw all our ebooks are sideloaded (is that the word? not paid for... ^^ )
mcp000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:25 AM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp000 View Post
my bf says we should just plug them to our computer and copy the entire
aura hd content 1:1 to the aura h2o and will be done with the job...
I would say your boyfriend is right. The only problem that possibly comes to mind are the automatically created image files, since they are created for the respective screen dimensions. I would copy anything apart from these image files and hope that the reader software recreates them. Maybe it is also better if all the three devices run the same (or at least very close) firmware versions.

Last edited by tshering; 11-25-2015 at 04:32 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2015, 04:25 AM   #3
mcp000
mcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshesmcp000 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo
uuiii i think i did it.

i found a thread here in the forum and i carefully copied the books in their
folders 1:1 and the two folders with annotations and such.

then i copied this mysterious KoboReader.sqlite - thingy and nothing else.
and it seems to work ))

did i do correctly? or will it cause any problems that i did it this way?

regards
mcp000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:46 AM   #4
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp000 View Post
uuiii i think i did it.

i found a thread here in the forum and i carefully copied the books in their
folders 1:1 and the two folders with annotations and such.

then i copied this mysterious KoboReader.sqlite - thingy and nothing else.
and it seems to work ))

did i do correctly? or will it cause any problems that i did it this way?

regards
Thats basically what I did when I went Aura -> Aura H2O.

Not hit any problems so far ;-)
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote