Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
binone
binone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle
Question Sync annotations back to Marvin

Hi Folks,

(PS: Posted this query in the MxD forum but no responses. Maybe better luck in this forum or maybe the question is already answered elsewhere?)

Just started with Marvin on iPad.

I have installed the MarvinXD plugin. I can see annotations/highlights I created in Marvin in the "Annotations" column in Calibre.

The use case I am trying to test is:

1) Book is in Calibre.
2) Transfer to Marvin via Calibre.
3) Annotate in Marvin.
4) Sync with Calibre - annotations appear in Calibre.
5) Delete book in Marvin.
6) Transfer book afresh to Marvin.

How do I get the annotations back in Marvin? I cannot seem to see any options for this and doing a straight send to device sends the book but no annotations?

Thanks in advance!

JC
binone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
binone
binone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle
No responses - I assume I am asking a dumb question. Please humor me a sec.

I see that I can sync annotations TO Calibre FROM Marvin using Marvin XD.

Now Marvin XD has the ability to import annotations in mrv format - so I would have thought that it is easy for Marvin XD to give an option to transfer annotations TO Marvin.

I guess I am missing something basic - what is it? Appreciate you patience if this is as I suspect a dumb question?

Thanks,
binone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2015, 04:35 AM   #3
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by binone View Post
No responses - I assume I am asking a dumb question. Please humor me a sec.

I see that I can sync annotations TO Calibre FROM Marvin using Marvin XD.

Now Marvin XD has the ability to import annotations in mrv format - so I would have thought that it is easy for Marvin XD to give an option to transfer annotations TO Marvin.

I guess I am missing something basic - what is it? Appreciate you patience if this is as I suspect a dumb question?

Thanks,
I'd like to do the same. Have some way to persist that annotate/ highlight info.
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Not possible via Calibre, as far as I'm aware. However, you can both export and import Marvin annotations via email.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote