Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-11-2014, 07:14 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A PDF REeader that can follow links

is there one, for Kindle fire HDX - none of: native app, adobe, PDFmax - none can follow links - i.e. from an index.pdf file to another pdf file. I have an indexed set of PDFs that work fine on PC & I read that there are ipad apps that can do this also, so does KF have one ?

I read: such as GoodReader on the iPad - bu ti don't see that in amazon store .

what , specifically, I am trying to do, is to make a set of jazzfake books work, as described below: I have all the relevant docs in a single folder on Kindle Fire...

If you have the special repaginated pdf versions of these Real Books, each song is even linked from the index, so the appropriate book/page will pop up in your PDF reader, ready for displaying or printing. If you have a tablet with a PDF reader that can follow links (such as GoodReader on the iPad), you can have the index loaded on your bandstand, so that a single tap will quickly display the right tune on your screen.

Last edited by cybmole; 06-11-2014 at 07:19 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
cicsos2
Enthusiast
cicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to behold

Device: kindle Kbd, Fire(N2A), & 8.9
Have you tried exPDFreader?
cicsos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

nothing with that name in amazon store, if you meant ezpdf then that's not in amazon store either ?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #4
cicsos2
Enthusiast
cicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to behold

Look for

ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form
by Unidocs Inc.

Cost $3.99 - well worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/ezPDF-Reader-P...keywords=ezpdf
Old 06-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard

and you are sure that will follow links. I already have the expensive PDFmax ( from when it was app of the day) & that can't do it. Neither can foxit, or repligo

I don't need the annotate feature, which is why I'd skipped this one, but you reckon I have to buy this version to get the "follow links" feature ?
I see that it does say "•Play embedded video and audio, and access live hyperlinks" in its spec, but I took that to be web links, not necessarily links to pages in other PDF documents stored locally ?
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
cicsos2
Enthusiast

I know that ezPDF reader will follow links within a pdf document as well as links that go to web pages and utube. I do not have any pdf docs that point to other pdf docs.to test with.

How are the links coded within the master doc. Your "problem" is interesting since i have a grandson who plays the bass inhis high school orchestra. I would love to give it a try for you.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:24 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard

it only 1/2 works, it loads the linked PDF but opens it at page 1, not at the corect page. and page searching in 500 page documents is very slow compared to the adobe app.

I m not sure how to reveal how the links are coded.
what i see is song title......book...page in the index. & the page number entry works as the link. But if I hover on it in windows I see only the folder path to the relevant pdf.
e.g. C:\Users\...\fake books indexed\REALBK1B.pdf
but when I click that in windows the new document opens at the exact song.

I have a spare invite for the private hosting site if you PM me.
the full set of indexed fake books is 820MB, so not practical to e-mail!

Last edited by cybmole; 06-14-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #8
cicsos2
Enthusiast

I saw your PM and am downloading now. I'm sorry that it doesn't work correctly. I will try any other apps that show as possible pdf readers once I get all the files over to my Kindle.

ETA: Ok, I tried the other "pdf readers" and none supported links. I also saw what you reported with the ezPDF app, i.e. it opens the linked to file at page 1.

Last edited by cicsos2; 06-14-2014 at 04:40 PM.