Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Jakobkraft
Jakobkraft began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre not remembering 'Title' sorting preference?

I keep setting the library cover browser to sort by Title and it does at first, but when I restart Calibre it sorts by Author.

How do I get Calibre to remember to sort by Title each time? This is a default installation, I haven't messed with any of the settings so I don't see why it shouldn't remember my sort preference.

Am running on a Mac running Mavericks, btw, if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!
Jakobkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobkraft View Post
How do I get Calibre to remember to sort by Title each time? This is a default installation, I haven't messed with any of the settings so I don't see why it shouldn't remember my sort preference.
Go to Preference - Tweaks and set the # Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup Tweak.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
Jakobkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobkraft View Post
I keep setting the library cover browser to sort by Title and it does at first, but when I restart Calibre it sorts by Author.

Am running on a Mac running Mavericks, btw, if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!

Okay, think I figured it out -- seems to be a bug that exists ONLY in thumbnail view. If I click 'Hide Cover Grid' and THEN sort by Title, then Calibre remembers the setting. Then I switch back to 'Show Cover Grid' and sorting stays set to 'Title' upon restart.

Obviously a bug but a minor one, fyi...
Old 12-31-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...9a6a43385a9388
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:14 AM   #5
Jakobkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

Thank you!
Advert