Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 11:35 PM   #1411
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@aldermann22: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.

But first, make sure you charge it. The power LED flashing like that and turning off can happen when the battery is flat. And then try a factory reset using the buttons.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:09 AM   #1412
aldermann22
aldermann22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@aldermann22: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
I did ask them but they haven't responded yet. I should have created my account sooner I guess .
If you can't mail me the link that would be great. My email is trancongvietan22@gmail.com. Again, thank you very much

Quote:
But first, make sure you charge it. The power LED flashing like that and turning off can happen when the battery is flat. And then try a factory reset using the buttons.
Well the power light doesn't response to any sliding, holding of the power button at all. I tried to push the paper clip button and the light started blinking blue, then green.
I really suspect the SD card is broken but when I plug it in, my computer still recognize the SD card. Not really sure what is the problem here but I will still try reflashing a new SD card.
Advert
Old 04-19-2020, 03:20 AM   #1413
aldermann22
aldermann22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
@davidfor: Thanks for replying. I have asked them but they haven't responded yet. Should have create an account sooner I guess . If you can send me the link via email, it would be great. My email istrancongvietan22@gmail.com

As for the battery, I'm pretty positive that it's charged. I checked the battery and it show an approximate 3.5volt on the battery, definitely not flatted.

I tried the pinhole reset approach but it is of no use. As a matter of fact, I've already tried a manual factory reset yesterday, because whenever I left the reader idle for 5 minutes, it started freezing. After the factory reset, well, it doesn't even boot up anymore.

I really do hope it's just a SD card issue, otherwise that is gonna be really suck
Old 04-19-2020, 06:05 AM   #1414
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:38 PM   #1415
RDTymko
RDTymko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo Image

Hi, Wondering if anybody could send me a link to the original Kobo Glo (N613) Image file?

Thanks
Advert
Old 04-24-2020, 11:20 PM   #1416
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:30 PM   #1417
kimberflo
kimberflo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nexus 7 2013
Hi @davidfor.
Please send me the link for the SD image for GLO model N613.
I have my sister's Glo and it is constantly blinking green which I have read is a software issue.
Thanks.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:52 AM   #1418
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:43 PM   #1419
just_here_4_img
just_here_4_img began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
It's so nice to see this forum is still active! I think I bricked my Kobo Glo while trying to downgrade

Could someone send me an img-file of their working device?

EDIT: Model N437 (if that's relevant)
Old 04-30-2020, 07:55 AM   #1420
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_here_4_img View Post
It's so nice to see this forum is still active! I think I bricked my Kobo Glo while trying to downgrade

Could someone send me an img-file of their working device?

EDIT: Model N437 (if that's relevant)
Normally no. The model number for a Kobo Glo would be irrelevant as there was only one Glo. But, that model number is for a Glo HD, which is a completely different device and uses a completely different image.

So you got two PMs. The first because you list your device as a Glo, asked for an image for a Glo in a thread dedicated to the Glo. It was only a fluke that I even bothered reading the model number.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #1421
Dogui
Dogui began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Thanks for the reply

Quote:
Have you tried a new SD card? Problems like this can be failing internal SD card. The cards in the Glo are at least five years old, so failures are getting more likely.

As to Android, there are threads here discussing using it. While I've looked at them, I have no real knowledge about it. You will need to search for them and read through them.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
I tried to change the sd,
but the problem remains, perhaps it could be the battery, but I still have the same problem even if connected to the power supply.
I really think it is unrecoverable.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #1422
pavel.malenkin
pavel.malenkin began at the beginning.

Hi, Wondering if anybody could send me a link to the original Kobo Glo (N613) Image file?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2020, 11:21 PM   #1423
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@pavel.malenkin: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:32 AM   #1424
pavel.malenkin

Quote:
@pavel.malenkin: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
David, would you please send me the image file?
Thanks a lot!!!
Old 05-03-2020, 04:38 AM   #1425
pavel.malenkin

Hello David. I enabled Private Messaging. Would you please send me the image file for kobo glo please?
Thanks a lot!!!
Closed Thread