Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #1516
kenneth_08
kenneth_08 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo (N613)
Hi Guys, I too have a corrupt SD-card in my Kobo Glo (N613).
A download link to an image I can burn to a new SD-card would be much appreciated!
Old 10-01-2020, 08:05 PM   #1517
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 10-15-2020, 02:36 AM   #1518
MrsCharby
MrsCharby began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Libra H20
Hello! I'm new. As in just signed up for an account because I just bricked (?) my Glo, because I just tried to downgrade, because I was trying to install NightMode, because I'd like my 7 year old to go rogue and sneak the Kobo into his room at night without waking up his little brothers.
Phew.
So, after all that, I've managed to still be awake at 3:33am without a sweet clue as to why I'm installing Ubuntu for Windows onto my laptop so that I can read the files from the SD Card I just took from the Glo.
HOLY CRAP. My ADHD astounds even me sometimes.

Can anyone help? I'm desperate.
Signed,
Homeschooling Mom Who Just Wants Her Boys To Read ALL The Books In The Dark

PS: I don't know what threads are or if I'm doing this right. I feel so old.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:31 AM   #1519
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCharby View Post
Hello! I'm new. As in just signed up for an account because I just bricked (?) my Glo, because I just tried to downgrade, because I was trying to install NightMode, because I'd like my 7 year old to go rogue and sneak the Kobo into his room at night without waking up his little brothers.
Phew.
So, after all that, I've managed to still be awake at 3:33am without a sweet clue as to why I'm installing Ubuntu for Windows onto my laptop so that I can read the files from the SD Card I just took from the Glo.
HOLY CRAP. My ADHD astounds even me sometimes.

Can anyone help? I'm desperate.
Signed,
Homeschooling Mom Who Just Wants Her Boys To Read ALL The Books In The Dark

PS: I don't know what threads are or if I'm doing this right. I feel so old.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are after. But, I'll assume that the device is not booting. What to do depends on what actually happens.

If the power LED comes on and the screen changes but, it doesn't complete booting, then a manual factory reset will probably do it. Use these instructions for this:https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-your-Kobo-Glo. But, make sure the device is charged and for step 1, hold the power button in the off position for about 20 seconds.

If the device is not booting at all, still try the factory reset as it will only waste a few minutes. If it doesn't revive, I can supply an image to write to the SD card. That fixes most devices. But, the SD card in the Glo is old enough that it is a good idea to replace it. A failing card is frequently the real cause of problems like this. And you can use a larger card.

The factory reset will wipe the device and remove any books on the card. If you don't have them elsewhere, you can try to copy them from the card as you seem to have already mounted it on the PC.

If this hasn't covered it, we need more details to be able to help.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #1520
MrsCharby
MrsCharby began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are after. But, I'll assume that the device is not booting. What to do depends on what actually happens.

If the power LED comes on and the screen changes but, it doesn't complete booting, then a manual factory reset will probably do it. Use these instructions for this:https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-your-Kobo-Glo. But, make sure the device is charged and for step 1, hold the power button in the off position for about 20 seconds.

If the device is not booting at all, still try the factory reset as it will only waste a few minutes. If it doesn't revive, I can supply an image to write to the SD card. That fixes most devices. But, the SD card in the Glo is old enough that it is a good idea to replace it. A failing card is frequently the real cause of problems like this. And you can use a larger card.

The factory reset will wipe the device and remove any books on the card. If you don't have them elsewhere, you can try to copy them from the card as you seem to have already mounted it on the PC.

If this hasn't covered it, we need more details to be able to help.
I just reread what I wrote - what a wild and confusing night that was...
So, I guess it's stuck in a continuous boot loop? White screen, 3 dots, black screen, flashing green LED, over and over. I tried the factory reset and it did nothing.
I would so appreciate if you could send an image along - I don't know why I bothered with this - I only wanted to have NightMode.

This is what I originally was trying to do:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=289203
-and-
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=224127

Last edited by MrsCharby; 10-15-2020 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Adding more details
Advert
Old 10-15-2020, 07:34 PM   #1521
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCharby View Post
I just reread what I wrote - what a wild and confusing night that was...
So, I guess it's stuck in a continuous boot loop? White screen, 3 dots, black screen, flashing green LED, over and over. I tried the factory reset and it did nothing.
I would so appreciate if you could send an image along - I don't know why I bothered with this - I only wanted to have NightMode.

This is what I originally was trying to do:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=289203
-and-
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=224127
I have sent you a PM with the link to the image. I'd suggest trying a new SD card. The cards in these seem to failing and can cause problems like what you are seeing.

If you only want a night mode, there are other ways to do it. Kobo added support for it via the Developers options a while ago.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:22 PM   #1522
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
For an even more painless option install (and then configure) NickelMenu to add an invert screen option.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:10 AM   #1523
thomas-kobo
thomas-kobo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo N613
Dear,

My kobo is also completely stuck and none of the factory resets help... it has been like this for more than a year now. As a last resort I want to try to put a new image.

Could someone help me out?

Kind regards,
Thomas
Old 10-22-2020, 07:58 PM   #1524
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:28 AM   #1525
thomas-kobo
thomas-kobo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo N613
Dear,

I have put the new image on a 2Gb SD card with Windisk32 imager. However, after putting it back in my kobo nothing changes.

The screen is locked on the screen the kobo shows when it's completelt out of battery (charge your e-reader).

I have charged if for many hours... when I turn it on the light flashes green and blue. I am still able to turn the backlight on as well. Is there something else I can try or is it lost?

Kind regards,
Thomas
Old 10-23-2020, 07:24 AM   #1526
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas-kobo View Post
I have put the new image on a 2Gb SD card with Windisk32 imager. However, after putting it back in my kobo nothing changes.

The screen is locked on the screen the kobo shows when it's completelt out of battery (charge your e-reader).

I have charged if for many hours... when I turn it on the light flashes green and blue. I am still able to turn the backlight on as well. Is there something else I can try or is it lost?
That makes me think something is wrong with the screen. From memory, you can only turn the light on or off when the device has booted properly. It could be that you disconnected the screen when you had the device opened. Or, the substructure is broken. That usually shows on the screen, but, the black no-battery screen probably won't show it. It will probably be more visible from the back of the screen.

You can try doing a factory reset using the buttons. It might solve the problem. Or, if you can work out the correct place to tap on the screen, get it to connect to the PC. I don't know where that is for a Glo when it is prompting to do the setup.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:09 PM   #1527
Tinna
Tinna began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo HD
Koblo glo n613: loop problem

Hi,

Where can I download the sd image for Kobo Glo HD n613? My kobo has a loop problem and i am trying with everyting.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2020, 04:13 PM   #1528
Tinna
Tinna began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo HD
Koblo glo n613: loop problem

Hi,

Where can I download the sd image for Kobo Glo HD n613? My kobo has a loop problem and i am trying with everyting.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2020, 07:31 PM   #1529
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #1530
psyderman
psyderman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Hi, I need the sd card image for kobo glo, where can I download it?
Thanks!
Closed Thread