Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
breannanoahmason
breannanoahmason began at the beginning.

Device: none
What price to ask

I am thinking of selling my kindle keyboard that is a year old. It is in excellent condition, No scratchs, dents and the white letters are all still on the buttons. Has charger and ac adapter. SO what do you guys think i should ask.

Jennifer
breannanoahmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Half the price of a new one. If it has 3G, that would be $69.50 in the U.S. If it doesn't have 3G it would be less. I know it's unpleasant but if you want to sell it you will have to tell prospective buyers whether or not it has 3G.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
breannanoahmason

It isn't the 3G one, but at Bestbuy the one without 3G is 139.99.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
It isn't the 3G one, but at Bestbuy the one without 3G is 139.99.
Ask Best Buy how many of those older Kindle models they're selling at that full-retail price.

The way I see it, you're going to have to price it less than the equivalently-featured newest model (which would be the non-special-offer Kindle @ $109). Probably considerably less. If your K3 is ad supported... nobody's going to look at it for anything over $79.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
breannanoahmason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Ask Best Buy how many of those older Kindle models they're selling at that full-retail price.

The way I see it, you're going to have to price it less than the equivalently-featured newest model (which would be the non-special-offer Kindle @ $109). Probably considerably less. If your K3 is ad supported... nobody's going to look at it for anything over $79.
It isn't the ad supported one, we bought it before they started doing that. I am listing it on craigslist for $70. I have had one person offer me $40. But someone else emailed wanting it, but didn't try to bargain down the price.
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I wouldn't be afraid to hang out at $70 for a while to see what happens. Especially since there's a subset of users who actually prefer having the physical keyboard.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
breannanoahmason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I wouldn't be afraid to hang out at $70 for a while to see what happens. Especially since there's a subset of users who actually prefer having the physical keyboard.
I like the keyboard, but i want the Fire for the apps. So trying to sell this one to fund the purchase of a Fire
Old 02-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
For comparison, Secondipity's deal of the day today is the Kindle Keyboard 3G Special Offers with "light use" for $90.

Secondipity sells customer returns and has great reviews on Amazon (4.7 stars), and respond to bad reviews, trying to fix the problem.

Differences: 3G and Special Offers for $90.

So IMHO you've gotten good pricing advice in this thread.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
breannanoahmason

I have someone willing to give me 60 for it.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
A good deal for the buyer, as I just found the more comparable K3 wi-fi with Special Offers ("light use") at Secondipity for $63 (plus $7.24 shipping and $4.92 tax for my location = $75 total for my location).
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote