Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
fireman0174
fireman0174 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Home Page

Just got a Kindle yesterday. I've been looking through the manuals but I can not find any information about deleting (or hiding) the links on my home page.

For instance, I really don't need the "Welcome . . . " link.

Can it be done and if so, could someone "point" me in the right direction?

Also, is there any way to sort the list by what I want first, etc.? All I see available is recent, title or author with collections grayed out.

Thanks.

Last edited by fireman0174; 07-24-2011 at 02:21 PM.
fireman0174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They're all files on the Kindle. Just delete the ones you don't want. To do that on the Kindle itself, select the item with the 5-way controller, then press the right arrow. You'll be taken to a screen of options for that document, one of which is "Delete this document".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Collections is grayed out until you connect or register your Kindle with Amazon.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonamunda View Post
dont have any idea about it
You don't have any idea about what?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Any book or link that is deleted from the Kindle goes into acrhived items and can be retireieved from there if it is needed in the future.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen
Any book or link that is deleted from the Kindle goes into acrhived items and can be retireieved from there if it is needed in the future.
Only if the book is an Amazon purchase. For other non-Amazon mobi's... delete means; "gone see ya later... hope you had a backup." Just to be clear.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I took the Welcome letter, the Kindle instruction book, and the dictionary and put them in a Collection called "Kindle info".
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonamunda View Post
dont have any idea about it
Mmmmm, looking at your past posts you don't have much idea about many things, if you don't know why say anything? Just wondering...
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Ah, did not know that diap, glad I said something on these forums.

Enjoy your kindling I am, I have had several readers in the past and two present and let me tell you I am enjoing the reliability of the kindle more so than my previous readers. I have had two Aluratek Libra Pro's in the past, the first one was stuffed in my coat pocket and the screen got smashed. I still have my Blackberry Storm which is quite capable of showing me electronic books - and will probably continue to do so for Border, Barns and Nobels Kobo and MobiPocket in the future, if I so desire to buy the books from them.

Last edited by jbcohen; 07-25-2011 at 02:51 PM.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote