Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
forceps
Enthusiast
forceps doesn't litterforceps doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DXG
How does calibre know which news need be sent to device automatically?

I am running ebook-convert from cron, after the news been fetched, it is tagged by ebook-meta and added to Calibre Library by calibredb. When I open the Calibre gui, the newly downloaded news is listed exactly like those fetched via click "download button" in schedule dialog, except the news added by cron does not send to a usb connected kindle automatically.

How does calibre know which news need to be sent to device automatically?

I know I can always click the big "send to device" button, but I am just too lazy
forceps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's a list maintained separately.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
forceps
Enthusiast

how to add items to that list, via command line tools?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can't
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:14 AM   #5
forceps
Enthusiast

it is disappointing, but thanks for the quick reply.

Last edited by forceps; 03-17-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
forceps
Enthusiast

well, since you already provided the parts, all I need is some duct tape, so I come up with this python script which check the metadata.db for newly added book and mark it for sync, tested on Calibre 0.7.49/debian squeeze.
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre_from_cron.txt (2.0 KB, 249 views)