Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-05-2022, 01:44 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
No Sci-Fi, Horror, Romance, Mysteries, Westerns, or Coding on this site, Bub!

If you like works of Literature - sorry, fans of fantastical and gentle genre fiction! (Boohoo ) - then you may wish to check out Pierene Press. They publish works in English translations.

They're having a sale of 50% off their books. (That's Books, with a capital 'B'), with around 28 different titles that are only 6 pounds each - with the exception of about 3 or so titles which are even less. I don't know if that number represents their entire catalog or not.

Oh, and Pierene Press is located in the UK; unfortunately, shipping to the U.S.A. is outrageous, so I will have to pass.

Thankfully, many of their title are available as ebooks from such outfits as Amazon and Kobo. NOTE: The ebooks are NOT on sale.

I highly recommend this publisher.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-05-2022 at 01:47 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:48 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did find a mystery on their site. But mostly what I found are sleep aids.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:03 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did find a mystery on their site. But mostly what I found are sleep aids.

That's funny!
Old 08-05-2022, 04:07 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
...mostly what I found are sleep aids.
I love Mark Twain's description of the Book of Mormon as 'chloroform in print.'
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:46 PM   #5
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I love Mark Twain's description of the Book of Mormon as 'chloroform in print.'
Imagine what he'd had to say about Scientology's teachings, especially the crap about Xenu.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 01:02 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Is 6 pounds the weight or price per volume?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 03:13 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Is 6 pounds the weight or price per volume?

Sorry, yes, that's the price. Normal price (for almost all titles) is 12 pounds for each title.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:17 AM   #8
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
No Science Fiction? No Zombies? What's the point? Sounds like stuff they make you read in High School.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 01:50 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
No Science Fiction? No Zombies? What's the point? Sounds like stuff they make you read in High School.

Oh, no!

That would be horrible!

Do zombies care about reading about zombies?

Old 08-15-2022, 07:54 PM   #10
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
We were assigned Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 in high school, so at least some of my high school assigned reading was sci-fi. Also one of my high school English teachers encouraged me to read Dune, although I didn't do so until many years later.

We had a book every six weeks, six a year from tenth through twelfth grades. I only remember reading these: Fahrenheit 451, Twelve Little Indians, Old Yeller (saaaaddd), Where the Red Fern grows (also saaaaddd), and A Day No Pigs Will Die (horribly depressing). I only enjoyed the first two and forgot thirteen out of eighteen books (approximately 72%) entirely.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote