Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-27-2022, 07:17 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Audible has huge sale - What titles did you buy?

This sale was mentioned in the Audiobooks thread, which prompted me to visit Audible. Over 2,300 titles priced at $4, $5, and $6. I bought a crap-load of titles, listed below. Some of the titles I had read, but I wanted a different experience by listening to them and so (because I live in mythic splendor), I simply took out my wallet and waved it at the computer. Isn't technology wonderful!
  1. Watership Down - Richard Adams
  2. Relic - Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child
  3. The Perfect Wife - Blake Pierce
  4. The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss
  5. The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter - Theodora Goss
  6. The Black Prism - Brent Weeks
  7. The Shadow of What was Lost - James Islington
  8. The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle
  9. The Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley
  10. The Boy Who Followed Ripley - Patricia Highsmith
  11. Ripley's Game - Patricia Highsmith
  12. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
  13. The First Deadly Sin - Lawrence Sanders
  14. The Shadow of the Torturer - Gene Wolfe
  15. The Way of Shadows - Brent Weeks
  16. Some Danger Involved - Will Thomas
  17. Speaks the Nightbird - Robert M. McCammon
  18. Jade City - Fonda Lee

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-27-2022 at 08:52 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:32 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I have a hard time with Audible sales. It’s impossible to do a granular search; their sense of literary fiction is not at all congruent with mine and they don’t break out history, but lump it in with self-help, pop psychology and other topics extraneous to my interests. The larger the sale, the more likely I am to throw up my virtual hands in disgust and walk (virtually) away. Unless a wishlist book is on sale or I have an exploding coupon balance, I tend not to buy. And given all the unheards in my library, it’s just as well.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:37 AM   #3
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I have a hard time with Audible sales. It’s impossible to do a granular search; their sense of literary fiction is not at all congruent with mine and they don’t break out history, but lump it in with self-help, pop psychology and other topics extraneous to my interests. The larger the sale, the more likely I am to throw up my virtual hands in disgust and walk (virtually) away. Unless a wishlist book is on sale or I have an exploding coupon balance, I tend not to buy. And given all the unheards in my library, it’s just as well.
Pretty much all that too. I did end up quickly looking through the entire sale, added several to my wish list to think about, but ended up looking at my backlog and closing the browser.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:51 PM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Usually the number of books in each category is small enough that I go through all the sale titles, but this time around, there were just too many. I'm pretty much off series, so I just checked for a handful of specific authors and skimmed a couple of categories. As usual, I found nothing worth buying.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:17 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Looks like I'm virtually the only one.

But each to his/her own.

I'm now waiting for next year's list.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:12 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I bought a few...

Pushing Brilliance - Tim Tigner
The Lies of Spies - Tim Tigner
Falling Stars Tim - Tigner
Say You Want Me - Corinne Michaels
Say I'm Yours - Corinne Michaels
Beyond the Highland Mist - Karen Marie Moning
To Tame a Highland Warrior - Karen Marie Moning
The Highlander's Touch - Karen Marie Moning
Kiss of the Highlander - Karen Marie Moning
Rise of the Werewolf - Mark Tufo