Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 10:58 AM   #1951
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Lord Peter Wimsey series is 2.99 each for kindle and kobo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eries_rw_dp_sw

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?qu...&sort=PriceAsc
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #1952
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post

Thanks I picked up 2
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #1953
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Free on Amazon the seven book set of mysteries by Dev Haskell

https://www.amazon.com/Dev-Haskell-B...ll+box+set+1-7
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #1954
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
After reading the first book, I would not read any more. It was not a good book in many regards.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-06-2018 at 10:22 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #1955
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
On the other hand, I've read the whole series, and I love them! I'll read them again in a while.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #1956
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

The Second Strain (DI Lesley Gunn Book 2) - John Burke

-Originally published by Robert Hale (UK), 2002; Currently published by Endeavour, 2018

-Fantastic Fiction link to info. about the author

-More info. about the author

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada---Amazon Australia

Last edited by kg3; 04-06-2018 at 05:30 PM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #1957
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Today's Big Deal on Amazon.co.uk is 10 Donna Leon's at 99p each. They're a random selection of Brunetti titles:

#1: Death at La Fenice
#2: Death in a Strange Country
#7: A Noble Radiance
#8: Fatal Remedies
#9: Friends in High Places
#10: A Sea of Troubles
#11: Wilful Behaviour
#12: Uniform Justice
#13: Doctored Evidence
#14: Blood From a Stone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #1958
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Thank you, thank you! I still needed four titles in this series - and two of them are in this sale...so now I don't need them any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Today's Big Deal on Amazon.co.uk is 10 Donna Leon's at 99p each. They're a random selection of Brunetti titles:

#1: Death at La Fenice
#2: Death in a Strange Country
#7: A Noble Radiance
#8: Fatal Remedies
#9: Friends in High Places
#10: A Sea of Troubles
#11: Wilful Behaviour
#12: Uniform Justice
#13: Doctored Evidence
#14: Blood From a Stone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:55 AM   #1959
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ditto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
On the other hand, I've read the whole series, and I love them! I'll read them again in a while.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:01 AM   #1960
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

If you like your Julie Smith/Skip Langdon free, but not all crammed together in a huge omnibus, two titles are free right now at Kindle US:

Jazz Funeral, #3: https://www.amazon.com/Jazz-Funeral-...dp/B00817OUCS/

Death Before Facebook, apa New Orleans Beat, #4: https://www.amazon.com/Death-Before-...dp/B008DP2B56/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Now all nine of Smith's Skip Langdon titles are free in an omnibus at Kindle US.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Langdon-...dp/B00NT2RXZ6/
Old 04-07-2018, 08:13 AM   #1961
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Leigh Koslow Mystery Series: Books One, Two, and Three: Boxed Set by Edie Claire is just what it sounds like (well, aside from not actually being in a box ) - an omnibus of the first three titles in the series. It has dropped to $0.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (couponable/VIPable).

Titles are:
  • Never Buried
  • Never Sorry
  • Never Preach Past Noon
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Leigh-Koslow-...dp/B00O542X5M/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...-two-and-three

Spoiler:
Quote:
Digital “boxed set” of the first three novels in the USA-Today and Kindle Top Ten bestselling Leigh Koslow cozy mystery series!

Put your puzzle-solving skills to the test as you follow the humorous travails of advertising copywriter Leigh Koslow, her veterinarian father, a certifiable cast of friends and relatives, and their motley assortment of pets. Set in the Pittsburgh borough of Avalon, these captivating, intelligent mysteries have sold nearly half a million copies worldwide.

Set includes Never Buried, Never Sorry, and Never Preach Past Noon, originally published in paperback by Penguin, Putnam, Inc. (NAL/Signet).

Also keep in mind that the first title, Never Buried, is a perma-freebie, so you're probably just getting two titles you might need in this omnibus.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #1962
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Free with coupon on Smashwords, A Spark of Justice.

This is a mystery in a circus setting. The lion tamer is dead and an insurance investigator has to decide whether it was an accident or murder.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/797516

Free with coupon code BT64B
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #1963
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Free with coupon on Smashwords, A Spark of Justice.

This is a mystery in a circus setting. The lion tamer is dead and an insurance investigator has to decide whether it was an accident or murder.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/797516

Free with coupon code BT64B
Have you read this or have other reason to recommend it?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #1964
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Endeavour, free

Mr Holmes Goes to Ground by Conrad Voss Bark

Who on earth would want to blow up Mr. Holmes?
What does he know that’s worth killing him for?
And who, having narrowly failed to do so, would then persist in further attempts at his destruction?

It is true that Mr. Holmes is, in rather a special sense, a Downing Street official; a man very close to the Prime Minister.
But would that really be a motive for killing him, especially just after his return from an innocent holiday in France?

First published in 1963 by Macdonald & Co. Ltd.

Conrad Voss Bark published several novels including The Shepherd File , The Second Red Dragon and See The Living Crocodiles. His first mystery-thriller was Mr. Holmes At Sea. He worked for the BBC as a Parliamentary Correspondent for many years.

https://www.amazon.com/Holmes-Goes-G...dp/B019QFLHQ0/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Holmes-Goes...dp/B019QFLHQ0/

https://www.amazon.ca/Holmes-Goes-Gr...dp/B019QFLHQ0/
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:30 AM   #1965
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I have never run into Christopher Bush as a mystery author, so I was pretty surprised when a title of his showed up in my recommendations with an interesting blurb, and when I checked on SYKM, I discovered that he wrote a gazillion books, mostly featuring amateur detective Ludovic Travers, published from the 1920s to the 1960s.

The one that showed up in my recommendations at Kindle UK was £0.99, and there are nine others also at £0.99. These are sightly more at Kobo UK, and $1.99 at Kindle US.

I have no idea how good they are, and none of them have more than a few reviews, but I'll probably try one, just to check out the series.

Kindle UK link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/?...price-asc-rank