Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 05:36 AM   #1
shalero
shalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Smile Onyx Boox C67ML, little review & video

Hi,
I've been testing the device for a few weeks, you can find here some photos and two short videos .

shalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Hi shalero,

Very interesting blog, will read more later on but it looks like we have a similar use for our readers. Also congratulations on passing HSK4! It's exactly the target I set for myself but still have quite a way to go...

I didn't know about those graded readers as addons for Pleco and just bought paperbacks! Normally I buy such books in paper since no ebooks are available, chop the spine off and then scan them on an automatic office scanner to be able to read them. I didn't know about the file reader either. Nice!

Interesting tip about the language change. I also get a different choice when I change to Chinese, but I have N96ML and sadly don't see the market app (应用市场) that you show in the screenshots in your blog. I have Play store but not this. I don't have the reading statistics app either.

What I do get, which is not there when the language is set to English, is the 'screen-to-tablet' icon (推送). What is it for?
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
shalero
shalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Hi shalero,

Very interesting blog, will read more later on but it looks like we have a similar use for our readers. Also congratulations on passing HSK4! It's exactly the target I set for myself but still have quite a way to go...
Hi MachinoGodzilla ! Thanks for your interest, it's very pleasant to hear your feedback,
it's exactly why I made this post on my blog, to help each other.
We all have quite a way to go, that's the way it is when you learn chinese,
I learned this expression last week which says that : 活到老学到老

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
I didn't know about those graded readers as addons for Pleco and just bought paperbacks! Normally I buy such books in paper since no ebooks are available, chop the spine off and then scan them on an automatic office scanner to be able to read them. I didn't know about the file reader either. Nice !

Interesting tip about the language change. I also get a different choice when I change to Chinese, but I have N96ML and sadly don't see the market app (应用市场) that you show in the screenshots in your blog. I have Play store but not this. I don't have the reading statistics app either.

What I do get, which is not there when the language is set to English, is the 'screen-to-tablet' icon (推送). What is it for?
Oh, it must be different according to the device you own.
Well, I must thank you a lot, I discovered one new thing on my Onyx Boox today (!). This icon (推送) provides you access to an individualized Onyx....cloud server :
http://send2boox.com
You just need one thing to activate this option : a wechat (微信) account. Fortunately I've got one, so I tried right away : I flashed the QR code, first from my smartphone to get the authorization on the C67ML, then a second time to link it with send2boox on my Mac Mini.

Now : if I fully understand what it comes down to, I have access to an online library of free books (I guess it's free from copyright)
I can copy to my Onyx Boox.
Thanks a lot, MachinoGodzilla, once again we see we learn better by exchanging !

Last edited by shalero; 02-07-2018 at 12:47 PM.
shalero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chinese, chinese characters, chinese literature, onyx boox, read