Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 04:46 AM   #1
vedvp
vedvp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
How can i make update package using kindle tool

Is it possible that i use kindle tool to modify update_kindle_5.8.11.bin file to also install jailbreak on my kindle touch running 5.8.10 using the kindle tool or any other tool. Or may be copy uboot.bin from 5.6.0 update file into the 5.8.11 file?
@knc please help me....very desperate to jb my kindle
vedvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:53 AM   #2
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedvp View Post
Is it possible that i use kindle tool to modify update_kindle_5.8.11.bin file to also install jailbreak on my kindle touch running 5.8.10 using the kindle tool or any other tool. Or may be copy uboot.bin from 5.6.0 update file into the 5.8.11 file?
@knc please help me....very desperate to jb my kindle
Things don't work like that... Think about it! If that was the solution, chances are, somebody would have made a jailbreak for 5.8.10/11 already.

Even if you modify the image, you need to sign it, for your Kindle to accept it. Jailbreak is just that - allowing packages signed by the developer key, available in KindleTool. A stock Kindle can accept only packages signed by the Amazon key (which we obviously don't have).
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Not possible, see post directly above.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:54 AM   #4
vedvp

Ok. But why cant we do anything using the usb port just as we can flash a mobile using its usb port
Old 10-25-2017, 08:59 AM   #5
vedvp

Guys just last question. For developers like knc and many more.
I am running on firmware 5.8.10, so should i keep it that way or should i update.
Do you think in future somehow a new method might come out to jailbreak kindles upto 5.8.10
Thankyou Guys...but please reply
Advert
Old 10-25-2017, 09:11 AM   #6
vedvp

Or can i downgrade to 5.8.6 or 5.8.3/4/5. If possible can someone provide me with the files
Old 10-25-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Or can i downgrade to 5.8.6 or 5.8.3/4/5. If possible can someone provide me with the files
No downgrade for your firmware. You are stuck with stock or serial.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #8
vedvp

@knc @nilJe @geek master @branch delay and many more...
Please tell me should i keep my firmware to 5.8.10 and wait for you guys to release some new method. As last time i was so desperate to jb was when i was running on 5.8.7 but then there was not method to jb it that i found, so i updated my firmware, which of course i heavily regret. I dont want this to happen again.
So please guys recommend me whether i should stay on my current firmware (5.8.10) or not
Old 10-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask development questions in the development forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:42 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@knc @nilJe @geek master @branch delay and many more...
Please tell me should i keep my firmware to 5.8.10 and wait for you guys to release some new method. As last time i was so desperate to jb was when i was running on 5.8.7 but then there was not method to jb it that i found, so i updated my firmware, which of course i heavily regret. I dont want this to happen again.
So please guys recommend me whether i should stay on my current firmware (5.8.10) or not
What device?
Your information box must be out of date.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:44 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Ok. But why cant we do anything using the usb port just as we can flash a mobile using its usb port
Different operating systems.
The grayscale (e-ink) kindles run an Amazon/Linux not a Google/Linux (a.k.a: Android) OS.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:01 AM   #12
vedvp

The device is kt2 Kindle Basic (2014) Australia
Old 10-26-2017, 04:55 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I suggest you go with 5.8.11. There won't be a jailbreak for 5.8.10.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:10 AM   #14
vedvp

Sure JSWolf
But i would like to hear ir from knc1 and his fellow developers.
I dont mean to hurt you or dishonour you.
If u too are involved in the development team then i will surely do so.
@knc1 and team please reply sir.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #15
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@knc and the rest also don't have magic crystal ball or a time machine to get you an answer for "what will happen in the future?".

If don't want new features of firmware 5.8.11 (making fonts bolder and 14 instead of 8 font sizes) just stay on the current (create that OTA blocking directory and/or avoid using WiFi) and see if there is a new jailbreak method X months from now. If there isn't one you can then decide if you want to install newer firmware.

I left my then new PW3 on factory firmware (5.6.1.1) for something like 4 months while I've waited for potential new jailbreak, which was found for firmware 5.6.5 so I could just update to that particular newer firmware and jaibreak.

Theoretically you have better chances of eventually jailbreak-ing your device if there is bigger number of potentially jailbreakable firmware for you to update to. If new jailbreak vector is ever found...

Last edited by shamanNS; 10-26-2017 at 09:55 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote