Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-21-2018, 07:12 AM   #391
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
One of the reasons I like the USB battery packs. A 5000 mAh to 10,000 mAh USB battery pack is small enough to fit any pocket or purse and can recharge a Kindle reader multiple times.
because I use navigation on my phone, which draws a lot of power, I lug around an Anker with 20K mAh capacity. It can recharge my Moto G5 5 to 6 times. Navigation depletes the phone in about an hour, in summer with the screen at full brightness. The Anker supplies an additional 5-6 hours, if need be.

If I need to, I can also recharge the KA1, obviously.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #392
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
One of the reasons I like the USB battery packs. A 5000 mAh to 10,000 mAh USB battery pack is small enough to fit any pocket or purse and can recharge a Kindle reader multiple times.
I keep a mophie charger in my work backpack. It keeps it's charge for months at a time. It's probably a bit heavy for a backpacking trip, but works quite well for a car camp.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #393
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro, Pixel C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
People *choose* to read less. There is no obligation to either use social media or watch TV. I don't; I have no social media accounts, and I only use my TV for watching Blu-Ray movies and to see the image from the dedicated music computer connected to the audio system.
This is true. I read more, but I choose not to do social media or watch much TV.

My husband is amazed at how many books I read, and often refers to himself as a slow reader, but as far as I can tell, he reads at a perfectly normal pace, it's just that he spends a lot more time browsing the web, watching YouTube videos, playing games on his tablet, checking out sports and watching TV than I do.

Most of his reading is right before bed, I fit it in wherever I can.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote