Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-06-2018, 09:22 PM   #16
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan66 View Post
Ok, and typos...lol spool should be Coo!!
You mean Cool?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #17
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Ok, and typos...lol spool should be Coo!!
Hmmm! I just assumed all the Cool kids in school had left me out again!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #18
Chan66
Chan66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I have another question. Should the battery life be better than what I am getting on the PW3? I've had it now for about 5 days, and in that time I have read a total of 4 -5 hours. I also keep it on airplane mode, and the brightness setting at around 6 during the day, and 12-15 in a dark room.(I have low vision so I need it a bit brighter than most) when I first got it I fully charged it, but within 3 days, it was less than half charged. I thought it would stay charged longer than it is. So I need to send it back for another one before the 30/days return is up?
Chan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #19
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
I have another question. Should the battery life be better than what I am getting on the PW3? I've had it now for about 5 days, and in that time I have read a total of 4 -5 hours. I also keep it on airplane mode, and the brightness setting at around 6 during the day, and 12-15 in a dark room.(I have low vision so I need it a bit brighter than most) when I first got it I fully charged it, but within 3 days, it was less than half charged. I thought it would stay charged longer than it is. So I need to send it back for another one before the 30/days return is up?
That seems about right for my PW2, though I've never really paid that much attention to battery life. 5 hours is a long time for a steady power drain. I read mostly at home so keeping the battery "topped off" is no big deal for me. When I'm out and about, I read on my smartphone, mostly.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #20
Chan66

Thank you for you input. I can have peace of mind now lol
Old 04-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #21
Chan66

Question: I just fully charged my paperwork 3. Past 4 days...I've read for 1 -1 1/2 hours per day for 4 days with The brightness set between 10 and 12. The battery is half way down...is this normal or about right? I don't want to expect the amount Amazon says I should have on it reading 30 minutes daily with brightness on 10. Soooo, am I going to have to return this because it has poor battery life or is this about right for the length of reading In doimg? Sorry for so many questions, I'm new at or readers and I'm new at forums.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #22
Chan66

Typo again, I'm new to e readers and forums
Old 04-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #23
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Question: I just fully charged my paperwork 3. Past 4 days...I've read for 1 -1 1/2 hours per day for 4 days with The brightness set between 10 and 12. The battery is half way down...is this normal or about right? I don't want to expect the amount Amazon says I should have on it reading 30 minutes daily with brightness on 10. Soooo, am I going to have to return this because it has poor battery life or is this about right for the length of reading In doimg? Sorry for so many questions, I'm new at or readers and I'm new at forums.
How long, if any, was wifi on?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #24
Chan66

Not at all. I keep it on airplane mode unless I'm downloading a book. Which I only did twice.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:20 PM   #25
Chan66

I'm guessing i should keep it on airplane mode to prolong battery life? Or do I have it backwards?
Old 04-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #26
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Not at all. I keep it on airplane mode unless I'm downloading a book. Which I only did twice.
Just having wifi on will use battery, but it will use even more while downloading books (wifi on + wifi transmitting and receiving + CPU + writing to storage). Then indexing the books you downloaded will use even more battery. Some people download a dozen books and then their battery runs all the way down during indexing. Battery life claims are based on reading only.
Quote:
I'm guessing i should keep it on airplane mode to prolong battery life? Or do I have it backwards?
Keeping airplane mode on maximizes battery life.

Of course, people should use wifi, the light, and download books whenever it suits them, but they do need to be aware that it has a significant effect on battery life.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:23 PM   #27
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
But the Oasis 2 battery sucks even in airplane mode lol Paperwhite much better
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #28
Chan66

Thanks for the info